[Release] Esx Weapon Crates for Gangs (An add-on to normal gang factions)

A lot of you who have got an esx server are familiar with how the weapon buying system works, you basically buy a weapon and it stores it into your gang storage. This script changes how usual gangs operate and adds more of a challenge in getting weapons.

Here is a video Demo of it (Remember it is still alpha)

Before I get started on the actual script, here is a full download of the faction I used in the video (I edited the boss menu back to its original place), just in case you are confused where to actually place the code or in case I missed something out lol
esx_families.zip (46.1 KB)

Now onto the script part of it, the main stuff to edit is the client.lua but some stuff need to be done in the server.lua too.

Client
Add this somewhere at the top in the client file, pretty common sense where to add it

local pilot, aircraft, parachute, crate, pickup, blip, soundID
local requiredModels = {"p_cargo_chute_s", "ex_prop_adv_case_sm", "cuban800", "s_m_m_pilot_02", "prop_box_wood02a_pu"} -- parachute, pickup case, plane, pilot, crate

This is for the main event that allows you to buy weapons. Now remember to change the function names to the name of the faction you’re adding this too. Eg Change esx:grove to esx:mafia for example. Also don’t forget to change the location of the crate drop :slight_smile:

function OpenBuyWeaponsMenu(station)

ESX.TriggerServerCallback('esx_grovejob:getArmoryWeapons', function(weapons)

local elements = {}

for i=1, #Config.GroveStations[station].AuthorizedWeapons, 1 do

local weapon = Config.GroveStations[station].AuthorizedWeapons[i]
      local count  = 0

for i=1, #weapons, 1 do
        if weapons[i].name == weapon.name then
          count = weapons[i].count
          break
        end
      end

table.insert(elements, {label = 'x' .. count .. ' ' .. ESX.GetWeaponLabel(weapon.name) .. ' $' .. weapon.price, value = weapon.name, price = weapon.price})

end

ESX.UI.Menu.Open(
      'default', GetCurrentResourceName(), 'armory_buy_weapons',
      {
        title    = _U('buy_weapon_menu'),
        align    = 'bottom-right',
        elements = elements,
      },
      function(data, menu)

ESX.TriggerServerCallback('esx_grovejob:buy', function(hasEnoughMoney)

if hasEnoughMoney then
            ESX.TriggerServerCallback('esx_grovejob:removeArmoryWeapon', function()
			TriggerEvent("crateDrop", data.current.value, 250, true, 400.0, {["x"] = 3348.9521484375, ["y"] = 5497.583984375, ["z"] = 18.58197593689})
            end)
          else
            ESX.ShowNotification(_U('not_enough_money'))
          end

end, data.current.price)

end,
      function(data, menu)
        menu.close()
      end
    )

end)

end

Finally, somewhere at the bottom of your client file, add this events.

RegisterNetEvent("crateDrop")

AddEventHandler("crateDrop", function(weapon, ammo, roofCheck, planeSpawnDistance, dropCoords) -- all of the error checking is done here before passing the parameters to the function itself
    Citizen.CreateThread(function()

if IsWeaponValid(GetHashKey(weapon)) then -- only supports weapon pickups for now, use the function directly to bypass this
            weapon = "pickup_" .. weapon
            -- print("WEAPON VALIDITY: true, after concatenating 'pickup_'")
        elseif IsWeaponValid(GetHashKey("weapon_" .. weapon)) then
            weapon = "pickup_weapon_" .. weapon
            -- print("WEAPON VALIDITY: true, after concatenating 'pickup_weapon_'")
        elseif IsWeaponValid(GetHashKey(weapon:sub(8))) then
            -- print("WEAPON VALIDITY: true")
        else
            -- print("WEAPON VALIDITY: false")
            return
        end

-- print("WEAPON: " .. string.lower(weapon))

local ammo = (ammo and tonumber(ammo)) or 250
        if ammo > 9999 then
            ammo = 9999
        elseif ammo < -1 then
            ammo = -1
        end

-- print("AMMO: " .. ammo)

if dropCoords.x and dropCoords.y and dropCoords.z and tonumber(dropCoords.x) and tonumber(dropCoords.y) and tonumber(dropCoords.z) then
            -- print(("DROP COORDS: success, X = %.4f; Y = %.4f; Z = %.4f"):format(dropCoords.x, dropCoords.y, dropCoords.z))
        else
            dropCoords = {0.0, 0.0, 72.0}
            -- print("DROP COORDS: fail, defaulting to X = 0; Y = 0")
        end

if roofCheck and roofCheck ~= "false" then  -- if roofCheck is not false then a check will be performed if a plane can drop a crate to the specified location before actually spawning a plane, if it can't, function won't be called
            -- print("ROOFCHECK: true")
            local ray = StartShapeTestRay(vector3(dropCoords.x, dropCoords.y, dropCoords.z) + vector3(0.0, 0.0, 500.0), vector3(dropCoords.x, dropCoords.y, dropCoords.z), -1, -1, 0)
            local _, hit, impactCoords = GetShapeTestResult(ray)
            -- print("HIT: " .. hit)
            -- print(("IMPACT COORDS: X = %.4f; Y = %.4f; Z = %.4f"):format(impactCoords.x, impactCoords.y, impactCoords.z))
            -- print("DISTANCE BETWEEN DROP AND IMPACT COORDS: " ..  #(vector3(dropCoords.x, dropCoords.y, dropCoords.z) - vector3(impactCoords)))
            if hit == 0 or (hit == 1 and #(vector3(dropCoords.x, dropCoords.y, dropCoords.z) - vector3(impactCoords)) < 10.0) then -- ± 10 units
                -- print("ROOFCHECK: success")
                CrateDrop(weapon, ammo, planeSpawnDistance, dropCoords)
            else
                -- print("ROOFCHECK: fail")
                return
            end
        else
            -- print("ROOFCHECK: false")
            CrateDrop(weapon, ammo, planeSpawnDistance, dropCoords)
        end

end)
end)

function CrateDrop(weapon, ammo, planeSpawnDistance, dropCoords)
    Citizen.CreateThread(function()

for i = 1, #requiredModels do
            RequestModel(GetHashKey(requiredModels[i]))
            while not HasModelLoaded(GetHashKey(requiredModels[i])) do
                Wait(0)
            end
        end

--[[
        RequestAnimDict("P_cargo_chute_S")
        while not HasAnimDictLoaded("P_cargo_chute_S") do -- wasn't able to get animations working
            Wait(0)
        end
        ]]

RequestWeaponAsset(GetHashKey("weapon_flare")) -- flare won't spawn later in the script if we don't request it right now
        while not HasWeaponAssetLoaded(GetHashKey("weapon_flare")) do
            Wait(0)
        end

local rHeading = math.random(0, 360) + 0.0
        local planeSpawnDistance = (planeSpawnDistance and tonumber(planeSpawnDistance) + 0.0) or 400.0 -- this defines how far away the plane is spawned
        local theta = (rHeading / 180.0) * 3.14
        local rPlaneSpawn = vector3(dropCoords.x, dropCoords.y, dropCoords.z) - vector3(math.cos(theta) * planeSpawnDistance, math.sin(theta) * planeSpawnDistance, -500.0) -- the plane is spawned at

-- print(("PLANE COORDS: X = %.4f; Y = %.4f; Z = %.4f"):format(rPlaneSpawn.x, rPlaneSpawn.y, rPlaneSpawn.z))
        -- print("PLANE SPAWN DISTANCE: " .. #(vector2(rPlaneSpawn.x, rPlaneSpawn.y) - vector2(dropCoords.x, dropCoords.y)))

local dx = dropCoords.x - rPlaneSpawn.x
        local dy = dropCoords.y - rPlaneSpawn.y
        local heading = GetHeadingFromVector_2d(dx, dy) -- determine plane heading from coordinates

aircraft = CreateVehicle(GetHashKey("cuban800"), rPlaneSpawn, heading, true, true)
        SetEntityHeading(aircraft, heading)
        SetVehicleDoorsLocked(aircraft, 2) -- lock the doors so pirates don't get in
        SetEntityDynamic(aircraft, true)
        ActivatePhysics(aircraft)
        SetVehicleForwardSpeed(aircraft, 60.0)
        SetHeliBladesFullSpeed(aircraft) -- works for planes I guess
        SetVehicleEngineOn(aircraft, true, true, false)
        ControlLandingGear(aircraft, 3) -- retract the landing gear
        OpenBombBayDoors(aircraft) -- opens the hatch below the plane for added realism
        SetEntityProofs(aircraft, true, false, true, false, false, false, false, false)

pilot = CreatePedInsideVehicle(aircraft, 1, GetHashKey("s_m_m_pilot_02"), -1, true, true)
        SetBlockingOfNonTemporaryEvents(pilot, true) -- ignore explosions and other shocking events
        SetPedRandomComponentVariation(pilot, false)
        SetPedKeepTask(pilot, true)
        SetPlaneMinHeightAboveTerrain(aircraft, 50) -- the plane shouldn't dip below the defined altitude

TaskVehicleDriveToCoord(pilot, aircraft, vector3(dropCoords.x, dropCoords.y, dropCoords.z) + vector3(0.0, 0.0, 500.0), 60.0, 0, GetHashKey("cuban800"), 262144, 15.0, -1.0) -- to the dropsite, could be replaced with a task sequence

local droparea = vector2(dropCoords.x, dropCoords.y)
        local planeLocation = vector2(GetEntityCoords(aircraft).x, GetEntityCoords(aircraft).y)
        while not IsEntityDead(pilot) and #(planeLocation - droparea) > 5.0 do -- wait for when the plane reaches the dropCoords ± 5 units
            Wait(100)
            planeLocation = vector2(GetEntityCoords(aircraft).x, GetEntityCoords(aircraft).y) -- update plane coords for the loop
        end

if IsEntityDead(pilot) then -- I think this will end the script if the pilot dies, no idea how to return works
            print("PILOT: dead")
            do return end
        end

TaskVehicleDriveToCoord(pilot, aircraft, 0.0, 0.0, 500.0, 60.0, 0, GetHashKey("cuban800"), 262144, -1.0, -1.0) -- disposing of the plane like Rockstar does, send it to 0; 0 coords with -1.0 stop range, so the plane won't be able to achieve its task
        SetEntityAsNoLongerNeeded(pilot) 
        SetEntityAsNoLongerNeeded(aircraft)

local crateSpawn = vector3(dropCoords.x, dropCoords.y, GetEntityCoords(aircraft).z - 5.0) -- crate will drop to the exact position as planned, not at the plane's current position

crate = CreateObject(GetHashKey("prop_box_wood02a_pu"), crateSpawn, true, true, true) -- a breakable crate to be spawned directly under the plane, probably could be spawned closer to the plane
        SetEntityLodDist(crate, 1000) -- so we can see it from the distance
        ActivatePhysics(crate)
        SetDamping(crate, 2, 0.1) -- no idea but Rockstar uses it
        SetEntityVelocity(crate, 0.0, 0.0, -0.2) -- I think this makes the crate drop down, not sure if it's needed as many times in the script as I'm using

parachute = CreateObject(GetHashKey("p_cargo_chute_s"), crateSpawn, true, true, true) -- create the parachute for the crate, location isn't too important as it'll be later attached properly
        SetEntityLodDist(parachute, 1000)
        SetEntityVelocity(parachute, 0.0, 0.0, -0.2)

-- PlayEntityAnim(parachute, "P_cargo_chute_S_deploy", "P_cargo_chute_S", 1000.0, false, false, false, 0, 0)
        -- ForceEntityAiAndAnimationUpdate(parachute)

pickup = CreateAmbientPickup(GetHashKey(weapon), crateSpawn, 0, ammo, GetHashKey("ex_prop_adv_case_sm"), true, true) -- create the pickup itself, location isn't too important as it'll be later attached properly
        ActivatePhysics(pickup)
        SetDamping(pickup, 2, 0.0245)
        SetEntityVelocity(pickup, 0.0, 0.0, -0.2)

soundID = GetSoundId() -- we need a sound ID for calling the native below, otherwise we won't be able to stop the sound later
        PlaySoundFromEntity(soundID, "Crate_Beeps", pickup, "MP_CRATE_DROP_SOUNDS", true, 0) -- crate beep sound emitted from the pickup

blip = AddBlipForEntity(pickup)
        SetBlipSprite(blip, 408) -- 351 or 408 are both fine, 408 is just bigger
        SetBlipNameFromTextFile(blip, "AMD_BLIPN")
        SetBlipScale(blip, 0.7)
        SetBlipColour(blip, 2)
        SetBlipAlpha(blip, 120) -- blip will be semi-transparent

-- local crateBeacon = StartParticleFxLoopedOnEntity_2("scr_crate_drop_beacon", pickup, 0.0, 0.0, 0.2, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1065353216, 0, 0, 0, 1065353216, 1065353216, 1065353216, 0)--1.0, false, false, false)
        -- SetParticleFxLoopedColour(crateBeacon, 0.8, 0.18, 0.19, false)

AttachEntityToEntity(parachute, pickup, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, false, false, false, false, 2, true) -- attach the crate to the pickup
        AttachEntityToEntity(pickup, crate, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.3, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, false, false, true, false, 2, true) -- attach the pickup to the crate, doing it in any other order makes the crate drop spazz out

while HasObjectBeenBroken(crate) == false do -- wait till the crate gets broken (probably on impact), then continue with the script
            Wait(0)
        end

local parachuteCoords = vector3(GetEntityCoords(parachute)) -- we get the parachute dropCoords so we know where to drop the flare
        ShootSingleBulletBetweenCoords(parachuteCoords, parachuteCoords - vector3(0.0001, 0.0001, 0.0001), 0, false, GetHashKey("weapon_flare"), 0, true, false, -1.0) -- flare needs to be dropped with dropCoords like that, otherwise it remains static and won't remove itself later
        DetachEntity(parachute, true, true)
        -- SetEntityCollision(parachute, false, true) -- pointless right now but would be cool if animations would work and you'll be able to walk through the parachute while it's disappearing
        -- PlayEntityAnim(parachute, "P_cargo_chute_S_crumple", "P_cargo_chute_S", 1000.0, false, false, false, 0, 0)
        DeleteEntity(parachute)
        DetachEntity(pickup) -- will despawn on its own
        SetBlipAlpha(blip, 255) -- make the blip fully visible

while DoesEntityExist(pickup) do -- wait till the pickup gets picked up, then the script can continue
            Wait(0)
        end

while DoesObjectOfTypeExistAtCoords(parachuteCoords, 10.0, GetHashKey("w_am_flare"), true) do
            Wait(0)
            local prop = GetClosestObjectOfType(parachuteCoords, 10.0, GetHashKey("w_am_flare"), false, false, false)
            RemoveParticleFxFromEntity(prop)
            SetEntityAsMissionEntity(prop, true, true)
            DeleteObject(prop)
        end

if DoesBlipExist(blip) then -- remove the blip, should get removed when the pickup gets picked up anyway, but isn't a bad idea to make sure of it
            RemoveBlip(blip)
        end

StopSound(soundID) -- stop the crate beeping sound
        ReleaseSoundId(soundID) -- won't need this sound ID any longer

Wait(0)
            SetModelAsNoLongerNeeded(GetHashKey(requiredModels[i]))
        end

RemoveWeaponAsset(GetHashKey("weapon_flare"))
    end)
end

AddEventHandler("onResourceStop", function(resource)
    if resource == GetCurrentResourceName() then

-- print("RESOURCE: stopped")

SetEntityAsMissionEntity(pilot, false, true)
        DeleteEntity(pilot)
        SetEntityAsMissionEntity(aircraft, false, true)
        DeleteEntity(aircraft)
        DeleteEntity(parachute)
        DeleteEntity(crate)
        RemovePickup(pickup)
        RemoveBlip(blip)
        StopSound(soundID)
        ReleaseSoundId(soundID)

Wait(0)
            SetModelAsNoLongerNeeded(GetHashKey(requiredModels[i]))
        end

end
end)

Server
The server one is pretty simple, it is just configuring the removeArmoryWeapon and once again don’t forget to change the gang names.

ESX.RegisterServerCallback('esx_grovejob:removeArmoryWeapon', function(source, cb, weaponName)

local xPlayer = ESX.GetPlayerFromId(source)

xPlayer.addWeapon(weaponName, 1000)

TriggerEvent('esx_datastore:getSharedDataStore', 'society_grove', function(store)

local weapons = store.get('weapons')

if weapons == nil then
      weapons = {}
    end

local foundWeapon = false

for i=1, #weapons, 1 do
      if weapons[i].name == weaponName then
        weapons[i].count = (weapons[i].count > 0 and weapons[i].count - 1 or 0)
        foundWeapon = true
      end
    end

if not foundWeapon then
      table.insert(weapons, {
        name  = weaponName,
        count = 0
      })
    end

store.set('weapons', weapons)

cb()

end)

end)

Props to @Vechro for releasing the a crate drop script in the first place, as this script is adapted off his original one.

Remember, this is still a work in progress but feedback is much appreciated as I am pretty sure there will be some bugs :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

10 Likes

This looks really neat, good stuff!

1 Like

Here is another thing that I found, if you want to do this for multiple gangs, replace all the CreateDrop functions in the client file with CrateDrop1 or CrateDrop2 etc so it doesn’t interfere with the other scripts. There should only be 6 of them.

That is some dope thing, well done mate.

1 Like

Nice release my brudda

1 Like

hmmm cool

+1

1 Like

good stuff
[20 chars]

1 Like

Vice my bast friend Toni_kralj_16

This would only need a timer. Cause most players buy more weapons but then the planes crash and the crates are in the air.

True that (20 chars)

Wow, how cool would it be to have all-inclusive sites where the box drop will fall

somebody can help me please!

that happend when i try to buy weapon

Got the same error , no plane nothing comes. Money gets withdrawn tho.
Also just tried it with the gangscript thats used in the video and its not working

Hey!

Awesome script.
Do you mind on sharing your turf and gang-related scripts?
I’m developing a gang-based script server.

Thank you, a lot!

same error

Pilote keep dying and we don’t get the crate… we tryed over 50 positions…

how to make this to work with item and not only with weapons is that posible i tryed to edit but for now failed

Hello @3Bot. Love you release, only it’s looks like it’s deprecated with the new es_extended version.
Can you look into it.

It’s giving an error about upper in es_extended/common/functions.lua line 22

That line will be

21. ESX.GetWeapon = function(weaponName)
22. 	weaponName = string.upper(weaponName)
23.	local weapons = ESX.GetWeaponList()
25.	for i=1, #weapons, 1 do
26.		if weapons[i].name == weaponName then
27.			return i, weapons[i]
28.		end
29.	end
30. end

The error happens when you are in the Buy Weapon menu and click on a weapon.

Thanks for sorting this one out.

Sorry man but I am no longer deving in FiveM. It should not be hard to fix however. Best of luck.

i know that is very old and noone will answer but i took the ready script and the blip for crate drop it does not show it to me.