[ESX] Mail_Delivery Job

OUTDATED, UNOPTIMIZED, NOT SUPPORTED - USE THIS INSTEAD

Hey all. This is my first big project I’ve ever done so I decided to share it with you all.
This is a mail delivery job script, the deliveries depend on the vehicle you choose (of which there is 2 - Boxville and Speedo delivery vans). Boxville was designed for deliveries in Los Santos while the Speedo has delivery points across the whole map.

Screenshots

The location is randomly chosen from a configurable array in a config file.
The script is written fully in english and I tried to write the code to be easy to understand.

Requirements:

How to Install

1. Place the script folder in your resources folder.
  2. Make sure you have NativeUILua_Reloaded in your resources folder.
  3. Run the sql file.
  4. Make sure you started the script in your resources.cfg file.

Download: luke_mailjob.zip (6.4 KB)

Please give me any kind of feedback you might have. Feel free to edit the script to your needs but please don’t claim it as your own.

Known Issues:

• No female clothes
12 Likes

Good work! a fun fill out job for rp servers. however its quiet heavy ms. maybe a tweak would be in place

1 Like

Yeah I agree. Though since this is was my first bigger project I am really not quite sure what I can do to optimize the script.

Could you make it that sometimes you have illegal goods which need to be delivered on time?

That wouldn’t make a lot of sense from the RP standpoint, as this is a job not aimed at criminal activity, it would be possible in separate script. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It could make sense is some ways tho but I get what you mean.

Imgur

Couldnt start- Resource luke_mailjob does not specify a fx version in fxmanifest.lua?

The fx_version is specified in the file. Where did you place the resource?

in my resource folder

Okay… Have you changed the name of the resource and tried starting it by it’s original name by chance?

i left it the way it was mate

It might be your server artifact version. Are you on the latest recommended?

1 Like

Same here,

Couldnt start- Resource luke_mailjob does not specify a fx version in fxmanifest.lua

Do me a favor:

Download the lastest recommended artifact version and replace the files in your server.
You might be running an older server version where instead of fxmanifest, __resource was used.

That seems to have fixed it. Cheers

1 Like

This would be the first thing to check. In fact if you run a server this should be checked every couple off days. Unless you repo the repos. And it will update auto for you.
Good work here by the way.

Very cool script, But I do say you should use esx_menu_default ect for this as native UI is quite ugly in my opinion.

so i am getting these errors now

Did you download NativeUILua_Reloaded and place it into your resources folder?

Yes I done that