[RELEASE][ESX] KASHacters Multi Character

i’am getting this error and black screen after character selecting
help me please :confused:

Error resuming coroutine: citizen:/scripting/lua/json.lua:397: bad argument #1 to 'strfind' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'string.find'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/json.lua:397: in upvalue 'scanwhite'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/json.lua:553: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/json.lua:551>
        (...tail calls...)
        @esx_kashacters/server/main.lua:36: in upvalue 'handler'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:219: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218>

The character screen is loading and I can see my main character, but I don’t have a mouse to move around and the “Play” and “Delete” green and red buttons aren’t on my screen. Any ideas?

Love this script! its vital now!
Would it be possible mechanically to once there is a command that goes back to the char selection menu… that switching between char would be like camera zoom out of the player to the sky over the city then going back to the new selected char by zooming into his location… like switching between micheal and trevor with the ALT key switch. If its mechanically scriptable, i dont mind doing it myself… just not sure if it will work before i start.

1 Like

same issue :frowning:

Love this script guys, only thing i cant get to be specific to each player is the inventory, no matter what i do in the server file to try to keep them seperated by character all characters share the same inventory. Anyone else ran into the problem and found a solution?

Also having this issue. Hoping to find a solution soon. Let me know if you find anything.

hello i LOVE the script 10 Stars for the writer. i am how ever having an issue.
i get this error every time a player joins the server.

and when ever a player leaves the server KASHacters sends the “last location” to the sql db as x:0.0 y:0.0 z:0.0 so every time i spawn back in it is at that same location instead of where we left. PLEASE HELP. this is rather frustrating. especially since this puts each player in the city and we have an AOP of sandy and grape seed area.

hi i have problem. when I click on a character, I press play so I get a black screen and this bug reports in my console.

does anyone know what to do with it? thank you

Got an issue where player skin gets reset upon death due to using this script, what makes it happen?

Do you have esx_ambulancejob installed? And if so do you have the table set for your skins?

Good one! Had no clue my friend.
But still getting errors as soon as i load in.

I know not just releated to this script.

I do have, and what do you mean by that?

AmbulanceJob and KASHacters not working?

I dead, but combatlog = force respawn hospital and remove all items and weapons.

I want to work like this:

1. I Dead
  2. I Combatlog
  3. I connect to server back
  4. I’m still dead in the same place where I died

How to fix problem?

how i can fix duplicate entry - esx_datastore plugin fix ?
i’am tryed XxFri3ndlyxX fix method but not work

Anyone know a fix for my inventory being shared across multiple characters?

So i recently instealled kashacters in my server and its all working except its impossible to play because when people start loading in with the character system the server starts to lag. When this lag happens they cant see there character selection. this is what happens when people join. https://pastebin.com/EsXD6DKy

Since I recently switched to a VPS the lag and players being stuck in charachter selection screen have been occuring frequently. I have yet to find a solution for this, I am guessing it’s something with windows becouse on linux it worked perfectly fine for me.

Ok edit... after playing round for couple hours more i am down to just these errors ... do i need to add another if xPlayer ~= nil then and if so where? as if have tried and that didn't change anything? little stuck to where to go from here? first character saves but running into this error constantly in console

Error running system event handling function for resource esx_status: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: server/main.lua:78: attempt to index a nil value (local 'xPlayer')
stack traceback:
        server/main.lua:78: in upvalue 'handler'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:175: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:174>
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field 'CreateThreadNow'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:174: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:138>

so this is my main.lua 78 error..... any ideas lads?
RegisterServerEvent('esx_status:update')
AddEventHandler('esx_status:update', function(status)

local _source = source
	local xPlayer = ESX.GetPlayerFromId(_source)

xPlayer.set('status', status)

end)

Since I switched to a windows vps from linux server on zaphosting I am getting this error, and its a delay with the charachter menu. Any ideas?Screenshot_358

Have you tried getting a newer version or reinstalling the plugin and it’s dependencies. Make sure you have a new version of es_extended and essentialmode. and try reinstalling esx_optionalneeds and esx_basicneeds