[RELEASE][ESX] cylex_job - Highly configurable simple job system - New Update!

This script allows you to do jobs. The steps are simple.

Step 1: Collect,
Step 2: Process,
Step 3: Packing,
Step 4: Selling.

Features:
You can job required or non job
Really simple,
Highly configurable,
You can edit progressbar texts,
Animations,
Marker colors (And all marker stuff),
Item’s (Price, amount, required items for processing etc and more.),
3D Text’s,
Coords,
Blips.

Known Issues:
None.

Dependencies:
es_extended (Weight),
mythic_notify,
mythic_progbar.

F.A.Q
Why I should use cylex_jobs instead of esx_jobs or any other resources?: Well, it’s simple. You can add/remove jobs without any struggle. Everything is in config. It’s optimized.

MS Statistics: 0.01 when you are not doing the job and 0.08 when you are doing the job.

Is it realistic?: Yes. I tried to make it as realistic as possible for you, and your player’s enjoyment. There is animations, progressbar etc (You can set the texts .

I created a job as “slaughterer” to give an example for how jobs work. You can copy and paste then BOOM!

TODO:
Police limit in illegal jobs (Config).

Download Link: GitHub

IMPORTANT: The locations are not set in the config, you should set the coordinates as your liking in the config.

You can report issues or create pull requests in the GitHub link.

UPDATE:
Added collect, process, package and sell notification.

V2:
Added server side coords check for prevent exploits.
Client side config data moved to server side.
The player can no longer change the config data through the client (price etc)
Added job check for blips.
Animation bug fixed.

v2.1
Animation bug fixed.
Multiple job check now works!
Now supports limit es_extended! (You can change in config.)
Now you can change drawtext distance and drawmarker farDistance in config.
Nothing happened problem fixed :smiley:

locales support, multiple coords, multiple add item, multiple required items, bug fixes and improvements
Check releases on github!

My Prop Packs

[PAID] Cylex UwU Props Pack (71 Props)
[PAID] Cylex Neon Props Pack (17 Props)
[PAID] Cylex Osaka Gaming Props Pack (70 Props)

My other paid works

[PAID] [STANDALONE] Cylex ANIMATION MENU V2 +6000 EMOTE (Custom Emotes, Dances, Sync Emotes AND MORE!)
cylex_hud
cylex_garage
cylex_loadingscreen
cylex_multicharacter
cylex_spawnselector
cylex_deathlog
cylex_dashcam
cylex_antimetafiles
cylex_antimagicbullet
cylex_pausemenu
cylex_vehiclecontrol
cylex_market
cylex_animationmenu
shiftedgarage_mlo
hit_run_mlo

32 Likes

Nice script! :grinning:

2 Likes

Looks good

1 Like

Nice Sc

1 Like

Fixed wrongly named callbacks. Ty brycie

Thank you for sharing !!

1 Like

Nice simple release for a basic job set. Regurgitating the same jobs tho on any server will get boring fast.

1 Like

Yeah, I think that’s why he made the config as simple as possible.

1 Like

Added collect, process, package and sell notification.

Hi sir, thanks for release this, its so useful and im using its, btw i have some big issue, i already try put 2 different jobs, i only for certain job required and 1 for all player, when i set 1 jobs for only police then the other job also cannot be done for all player, only police able to do both, i only want only police able to do slaughter chicken and another one is open to all player, maybe its have to do in line client.lua 36-42 but i dont have any idea

Can you please hide this topic until you rewrite this resource please? You are breaking the #1 rule when coding anything. NEVER TRUST THE CLIENT. You are getting all the data from the config through the client (Item/Money reward for the job) which means anyone with lua injector can call your cylex_jobs:server:process event with their own data and get unlimited money and any item with one event call. You need to move everything to the server-side. Check for onesync setting and if its enabled check the player’s location on the server too.

1 Like

There is some points that you are right but not really imo. Yes, we should NEVER trust the client. But it’s not just about this script. Every client side is vulnerable and the resource writer can’t do anything to block that.

1 Like

Wdym by not really? Yes, no shit you can tamper with the client side, its literally on YOUR computer. That’s why you DON’T trust the client. If you do everything on the server then it literally doesn’t matter that the cheater can do anything with the client.

The cheater’s can trigger events etc. with the client side yes. Are we going to sit here and talk about how shitty and bad executors are? Well, please tell me a way how we can make a script not vulnerable against lua executors.

by validating things than can cause “such exploits” on the server, e.g. making sure the client isnt sending bullshit values, and making sure things actually match up?

Fu***ng get the data in the config FROM THE GOD DAMN SERVER. Check all the coords when completing the job ON THE SERVER. This guy is getting the config data FROM THE CLIENT. The player can basically change the config to his liking (Get 999,999$ for one job)

1 Like

Added server side coords check for prevent exploits.
Client side config data moved to server side.
The player can no longer change the config data through the client (price etc)

2 Likes

Nice script

1 Like

Anyway to add blips for jobNames? So that every job have a blip only when they take a job. Like esx_jobs ?

1 Like

Updated. Added job check for blips