[Release] EssentialMode base

Really not sure what all the fuss is about. This has been a fantastic project and it still is. It’s a shame some people can’t adapt to change. CouchDB is not that difficult to work with. Transitioning from MySQL to CouchDB is really fairly simple. There are even database conversion technologies out there to make the transition even easier. If you can’t figure these things out then you probably shouldn’t be administrating daemons to begin with.

Hats off to the people who all made this resource what it is today. Please don’t let this project die. If we have to move onto something else though I guess that’s fine too. At any rate, thank you again for all of your hard work on this and I wish you the best in your endeavours.

1 Like

i swear this is the hardest mode to setup i don’t even know what to do

Perry if you are trying to run couchdb on a windows x64 server that has the creators update installed then I don’t believe it will allow couchdb service to run.

I had to reinstall windows with its first version to get couchdb 2.0 to run properly.

I even tried the previous build of couchdb before i reinstalled windows. It ran fine but I could not get ESmode to talk to it.

Not sure if this is your specific problem but I thought I would mention it.

Good Luck.

1 Like

Thanks @SlyFox1186 I’m hosting everything on Windows Server 2012R2 so that may be the issue.

Too many error, can someone help me please ?

I also have this error, I do not know how to do

So now it’s not possible to connect to a regular sql database???

No. 3.0 is no SQL through couch DB. No SQL resources will work with es[3.0] queries were an awful way to pull DB information anyway.

But there is pretty much no tutorial on how to install this couchDB (EDIT: For essentialmode) or am I just blind?

Honestly I haven’t looked into it yet. I don’t plan on changing yet. I still use older [es] and keep my queries to a minimum. It will be awhile before 3.0 takes hold, resources need to be converted for 3.0. I’m not a fan of couch DB but I will change eventually. As the SQL query method will break servers if too many queries are made.

Yea this is to painful to go through…
I hope that someone will soon make some kind of tutorial so noobs like me can get this to the server…

https://gyazo.com/ce7e1eb13ee22c584168a9cb3c644c2d

You should install and config the db.lua file with the port on the couchdb work, ciao

So I only have to change to the couchDB port and it should work?

I my self is confused

No only english i cant speak french

Just a HUGE thank you
Info: Running perfectly on windows server 2012 R2

Remove mysql and install CouchDB is a dick move. FiveM is getting worse every day.

He removed the MySQL because the implementation with CouchDB is much better for server performance.

Honestly, nothing is stopping you from not using the mod… If you feel like it’s getting worse, why don’t you just stop using it?

3 Likes

I have some custom scripts in normal MySQL and ask the devs to update to this new CouchDB thing…

We have nothing that lasts.

But if they say it improves performance. Is always better.