[RELEASE] CleanUI (cui) character

It does not happen to all of you, but with this, when I put on the police clothes, the police clothes do not appear, another that is not appears, but when I use the esx_skin if the police clothes appear, for example, when I am police officer and I put on the uniform, he appears to me with glasses, and clothes different from the police, but with esx_skin everything appears correct

Is there a way to separate out clothing and textures? It’s kind of a pain with how many clothes and textures there are.

Technically yes, but you’d have to create html fields that control different html fields. Since the actual drawables without a texture specified aren’t named, it would be a lot of work to just go back to raw, unintuitive numbers that most other character creators use, which is against the goal of this project.

I’m planning to rework the whole clothing system so it changes presets instead of individual components to eliminate ‘vanishing’ pieces once and for all.

This will also allow for changing categories first and the items after which will result in much less clicking needed, but I need to design a custom database format and populate the database (and there is A LOT of data to be generated, corrected and inserted) so it probably won’t be done anytime soon.

Sure, but it’s not really simple and you have to decide and implement yourself how the list will look like if you remove the names.

1. Edit GetClothesData function (in client/main.lua) and add a category for it. Use the index for arms (3) as argument to GetComponentsData.
  2. Edit GetComponentsData and remove the ‘ifs’ that are used for name check. If you don’t do this, the arms list will be empty as arms are not named in the game files. This will affect all the other components as well, and you need to put something there to be displayed on the list instead of the names.
  3. Edit ui/pages.apparel.html and add a group for arms.
  4. Edit loadClothesTab function in ui/script.js to make the list populated with options.
  5. Add a refreshComponentList function call for arms in refreshContentData (in ui/script.js).

This should be enough. You can check out commit where I added masks to see what has to be changed (minus the name part, as masks are named).

1 Like

Hello ı added bag and arms but arms dont work, bags no name can you helpm me please ?

are you using esx version 1.2?

I made a fork that includes an option for us non-framework people.

@Pained_Psyche let me know if you’re interested in merging these changes into your project, I am about 95% sure it won’t impact the ESX users but can’t test it because I don’t have an ESX server setup. I can submit a PR, but wasn’t sure if you’d be interested in this being apart of the script.

2 Likes

I’ve looked at the code and seems like it will require only like 2 or 3 minor corrections. You can submit a pull request and I’ll include it in the main repo.

1 Like

Submitted PR #22. Let me know if I can help. Thanks!

It’s merged, I also updated the main post and requirements in readme file.

1 Like

i have problem that when i go to barber or changing my skin it resets my loudout i already add to client.lua of cui character creator at line 338 RegisterTriggerEvent(‘resetloudout’) it is ok it will resore my weapon inventory but it has some glitches like spaming change cloth and gain free bullets disapear some of you new guns, when i change my skin(exaple: change to swat or go to barber …that is related to character) it resets my loudout ,you have to restart server and it gives you back again pls help me !

SaltyGrandpa
@SaltyGrandpa i mean this

pls fix it i cant (test it and if it works properly tell me what to do) Tnx

Screenshot_5 I only have this on start and even then my screen is frozen

ok, problem solved

how are you supposed to change the color of your clothes? @Pained_Psyche

Hi, I have problems when I go to change in the police locker room.
I select wearing uniform and the one shown in the video magically happens.
Both client and server side no errors of any kind are reported
use
esx_extended v1.2 (plumeESX)
esx_policejob
esx_identity
esx_skin
skinchanger

no idea?

I also have this bug

can you change the color of your clothes?

you have to remove esx_skin and skinchanger because its already implemented inside cui_character

1 Like

are you sure?