[Release] [C#] Vehicle Attachment and Tow Resource

Um… I’m having this issue
“Warning: Resource inferno-vehicle-attachment does not specify an fx_version in fxmanifest.lua.”
Is there any help for this?

2 Likes

Superb resource!
Maybe make an update to be able to block the command / attach to some people?
And maybe have a language file, to be able to translate the script?

1 Like

There is a whitelist built-in, reference the wiki if you need help setting it up.

Make sure you’re running an up-to-date server artifact.

I will consider it, however, in the past adding whitelists to my resources has been nothing if not painful.

Again, I will consider it, but the code is open source, so people are free to edit the notifications and recompile the resource if they so wish.

1 Like

Hi. Great release.
Came here with few ideas.
Would it be possible to have some kind of prop support? Like picking up the prop from the ground and put it on a car.
Or another standalone attach script that would allow to put objects to a car. Speakers and what ever else there is.
With some limits obviously. Like size limit. No collisions. And maybe few staff commands that can clear attachments. Would be useful when someone attaches something big. And toggle collison for a selected prop command. People will abuse the hell out of it when it would allow to attach a massive building with collision enabled. Had one when I was a mod in one mta server.
Back in mta days we had something like this. People made some crazy things to their vehicles.
My english isn’t great here. Hopefully you got the idea.

1 Like

WOW WOW WOW
Have been looking for something like this
Keep up the work!

1 Like

Since this resource is half and half between a tow script and a general purpose attachment script, I won’t be adding anything too tow specific, such as tow sounds, tow props, etc. Thanks for the suggestion though.

That’s far outside the scope of this resource I’m afraid, and I won’t be creating a separate one just for that. If someone else wants to take this resource and rewrite it to achieve what you are after, they’re free to do so, so long as they operate within the license.

Would you consider adding the option to adjust the vertical rotation. For example a ramp style bed?

1 Like

Yes, I will add it in a future update :+1:

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing resource.

1 Like

This would make it perfect. So many ramp trailers this could be utilized with.

This script is for fiveM? Because it doesen’t work for me, it’s written in cs.

It does work. Our server has it.

In my server ESX doesn’t work. When i type the command /attach , tells me it doesn’t exist the command.

C# is a compiled language, if you are seeing .cs files you are likely using the uncompiled files. Either compile them yourself or use the precompiled files provided in the releases section on Github.

I am getting an error in my console. Showing the fxmanifest.lua does not specify a “fx_version”
https://prnt.sc/vrkt35

Also make sure you are using the compiled files in the Releases section of Github.

Is there anyway to get rid of the screen instructions ?

Yes, as explained in this wiki post you can set EnableChatMessage to false in the config file.

Version 1.3 Beta now available on Github.

Added:

• Rotate Up/Down (i.e. tip nose up/down) has been added and bound to INSERT/DELETE by default.

Updated:

• Replaced the existing vehicle positioning control checks with the new key mapping natives; allowing for event-like changes. Due to this, the default keybind for Up and Down are now Page Up/Down. Controls can now be changed via your Pause Menu Settings.
  • Moved controls from text chat to a dedicated help notification since a lot of people said the chat was too hard to read on busy servers. The new help notification also correctly shows any custom set controls.
    • A config option has been added allowing you to control how long the help notification should be shown.

Fixed:

• A bug where you could attach a vehicle infinitely high/low on a tow truck, bypassing the max distance check. This was due to the use of a 2D distance check, whoops.

cc:
@kskmonkeyjr @Rubylium @termanator1128 // Key mapping now used, Pause Menu => Keybinds => FiveM to change.
@TTVResqDiver1317 // Controls now shown in a separate notification, not in chat.
@killerdragonkc // INSERT/DELETE to change vertical rotation; can be changed following the above steps.

3 Likes

Just a heads up but this links to your weapon script

1 Like