[Release][C#] Handling Editor

Yeah that’s fine, just knowing the handling name is really usefull, prevents me from going through handling.meta’s of all the DLCs.

Ah I forgot that API doesn’t allow that yet, as there is no global GET_HANDLING_* and the GET_VEHICLE_HANDLING_ only supports float,int and Vector3 :confused:

Also another bug, changing fDriveBiasFront from AWD/FWD/RWD causes the car to not accelerate if the value is set to 1.0.

I fixed it by streaming the handling.meta from the server and respawining the car, but editing in real time doesn’t seem to work for atleast setting it to FWD.

Yes some fields only works correctly if edited globally, unless there is a bug here

is it possible to find the local saves of handling edits ive done to be able to move them to the server for server side mpresets

local presets are saved as kvs, so you should check any .ldb in %APPDATA%\Roaming\CitizenFX\kvs
anyway development branch allows to print xml in the console and in future i will add a feature linked to a group with permissions to save them directly as server presets

by dveelopment branch you mean the uncompiled github latest or do oyu have a compiled version of the dev branch

yes the github branch

it is possible to restrict handling editor for admins?

It’s a planned feature, to make it usable by a specific role, i will keep working on this as soon i can.

yeah, u can make it also load by all users on join. I mean the admin can set the handlings and all players will have it :stuck_out_tongue:
It will be awesome!

The way this script works is by editing the single entities, so if a vehicle is edited anyone will see it edited.

The planned feature will only add a permission as requirement to edit the vehicle.

Hello, I can not install your resources.
in your resource.lua there is “HandlingEditor.Client.net.dll” it is not found in the files, which does not launch the resources plz help me

Other Limitations
Some fields don’t seem to have any effect after being edited
Some fields require the car to move a bit or to be damaged to update after being edited
Some Int fields have a wrong type in the ExtraNative, so I disabled them ( nInitialDriveGears )
Flags fields aren’t supported yet
Some of these fields above work if edited globally (but editing globally doesn’t give the smoothest experience, if more clients edit a fields in different way)

which field are you trying to edit?

A new version has been released, check github
Note that this is still marked as pre-release

Pushed an hotfix, latest release is v0.5.1

1 Like

hello, i have installed the editor and pretty sure it should work (had the old one installed) only thing thats new to me is the menu api, i cannot for the life of me get it to open though, is the .net version crucial ?

The script is correctly loading? Note that the default resource name changed from handling_editor to handlind-editor so in case you didn’t notice, update the server.cfg to run the correct one.
If it starts but the menu doesn’t show up, paste here a log generated by the client

ok so i spent all night messing with it, its working now, so im sorry to bother you, but it was nativeUI that appeared to be conflicting with the vehicleextramenu. removing that makes it work, the handling editor was loading up as all the debug stuff would work in the console, just wouldnt get the menu to appear.

thanks for the quick reply and im sorry to bother you.

Good anyway i don’t see how the nativeui could be a problem since it isn’t used anymore by the script