[RELEASE] British Plate Formats

Very Nice^^

2 Likes

Send me some examples in a message on the Forum and I’ll send you a modified Client.lua back.

Any screenshots?

I’ll see if we can get some taken, it basically takes the plates from being 27CVS138 to LX12 MDA.

1 Like

Can you make one where its:

DD FF FFF

D = Random letter
F = Random number?

Guys, you can see how easy the client is to edit please use your brain.
Owen, very nice release much appeciated.

1 Like

This should work for you! Find the code that looks similar to this in the client.lua and replace it.

local plate = plateLetters[math.random(1, #plateLetters)]
plate = plate .. '' .. plateLetters[math.random(1, #plateLetters)]
plate = plate .. ' ' .. plateYears[math.random(1, #plateYears)]
plate = plate .. ' ' .. plateYears[math.random(1, #plateYears)]

Very good resource. It’s better to use this instead of paying 8€… I don’t call names…

1 Like

Nice release thanks!
Just one question:

Is there anything in the script, that there aren‘t two of the same plate?
Because we generate automatic plates when somebody buys the car from the dealer and binds it in the database to the player, and they start with W (five numbers)(one letter) and we really love the idea, but we don‘t want to have the same plate in the database?!
Thanks for the info😊

1 Like

Is it possible to have more than 1 set format that it randomly chooses from?
eg set 1 LL NN LL
and set 2 LLL NNL

This is 100% something I can look at trying to work out with you. Drop me a DM whenever I’ll see if we can arrange something.

1 Like

I will look into this as soon as I get the chance, it should be as simple as a quick 50% chance for both and then we’re good to go.

Building on this idea, would it also be possible to set those formats to the plate style?
Eg if a vehicle has the blue on white plates it will use format 1, and if it has yellow on black plates it will use format 2 etc

Thanks for the script! I’ve managed to choose the format that I need.Works very well on an AI(NPC) car:

But I’ve got another problem with the plates from the cardealer shop:

As you can see in the screenshot the first letter covers my custom plate, I just need to push the plate text a little to the right, is there any way to do it? I’m using esx_vehicleshop
Is there any way to add a space before the numbers?
Or maybe somebody knows where could I find and edit PlateUseSpace ? Screenshot here: cfg-esx-vehicleshop — ImgBB
The one which is used to make a space between the letters and numbers.
Any help much appreciated

Hey sorry dumb question.

Could you post a format like a Canadian plate 4 letters 3 numbers?

Is it possible to use this in standard GTA and not FiveM?

how do you make your plate look like that?

did you ever sort this as im having the same issue when using the script it confuses my database and causes an issue with garage keys

would love to know

Has anyone found a fix for this the plates load in fine on ai cars and player owned cars but when ever I pull a car out it says I have to Hotwire it