[RELEASE] Bad-DiscordQueue (A discord role-based queue system) {by Badger}

I did some more thorough testing with this with 2 others from my community. This should fully work now. :slight_smile:

I am having an issue where people aren’t queued (same issue stated previously I believe), but this fixes itself when the script is restarted. I’ve tried everything that I could think of to fix this with no success.

Try starting the DiscordQueue at the bottom of server.cfg file as this seems to be your issue considering you restart the script and it works.

Check out the paid resource here which implements AdaptiveCards for a nice clean finish for any server!

NEW UPDATE

• Queue now flawlessly works!
  • Added a bunch of new options to the config file!

New config

Config = {
	Default_Prio = 500000, -- This is the default priority value if a discord isn't found
	AllowedPerTick = 6, -- How many players should we allow to connect at a time?
	HostDisplayQueue = true,
	onlyActiveWhenFull = false,
	Requirements = { -- A player must have the identifier to be allowed into the server
		Discord = true,
		Steam = true
	},
	WhitelistRequired = false, -- If this option is set to true, a player must have a role in Config.Rankings to be allowed into the server
	Debug = false,
	Webhook = '',
	Displays = {
		Prefix = '[BadgerDiscordQueue]',
		ConnectingLoop = { 
			'🦡🌿🦡🌿🦡🌿',
			'🌿🦡🌿🦡🌿🦡',
			'🦡🌿🦡🌿🦡🥦',
			'🌿🦡🌿🦡🥦🦡',
			'🦡🌿🦡🥦🦡🥦',
			'🌿🦡🥦🦡🥦🦡',
			'🦡🥦🦡🥦🦡🥦',
			'🥦🦡🥦🦡🥦🦡',
			'🦡🥦🦡🥦🦡🌿',
			'🥦🦡🥦🦡🌿🦡',
			'🦡🥦🦡🌿🦡🌿',
			'🥦🦡🌿🦡🌿🦡',
		},
		Messages = {
			MSG_CONNECTING = 'You are being connected [{QUEUE_NUM}/{QUEUE_MAX}]: ', -- Default message if they have no discord roles 
			MSG_CONNECTED = 'You are up! You are being connected now :)',
			MSG_DISCORD_REQUIRED = 'Your Discord was not detected... You are required to have Discord to play on this server...',
			MSG_STEAM_REQUIRED = 'Your Steam was not detected... You are required to have Steam to play on this server...',
			MSG_NOT_WHITELISTED = 'You do not have a Discord role whitelisted for this server... You are not whitelisted.',
		},
	},
}

Config.Rankings = {
	-- LOWER NUMBER === HIGHER PRIORITY 
	-- ['roleID'] = {rolePriority, connectQueueMessage},
	['Member'] = {500, "You are being connected (you are not as special as Badger) [{QUEUE_NUM}/{QUEUE_MAX}]:"}, -- Discord User 
	['Staff'] = {100, "You are being connected (Staff Queue) [{QUEUE_NUM}/{QUEUE_MAX}]:"}, -- Staff 
	['Admin'] = {50, "You are being connected (Admin Queue) [{QUEUE_NUM}/{QUEUE_MAX}]:"}, -- Admin
	['Founder'] = {1, "You are being connected (Founder Queue) [{QUEUE_NUM}/{QUEUE_MAX}]:"}, -- Founder
}

Hi, I want to make it when someone in the discord joins the queue it displays their nickname with Badger_Discord_API would this work?

> 	['Trusted_Civ'] = {100, "You are being connected! Welcome, [exports.Badger_Discord_API:GetDiscordNickname(user)] [{QUEUE_NUM}/{QUEUE_MAX}]:"}, -- Staff

That will not work

How can I make it work?
PS: badger big fan I love your work

I get this error when I have done as it should. do not know what I have done wrong

So do I have you found a fix?

It requires Badger_Discord_API

@OfficialBadger I have a problem where I can’t change the queue number even after changing the maximum amount of players in the server tips?

So my server is set to 64 but queue starts at 30
And also use the print ever 30secs to test and says 30 also

Make sure you start the queue script AFTER sv_maxclients is set in your server.cfg file

After what right now I have it above everything also I have hard cap set to 256 since I couldn’t get it working same for most other sv_maxclients

I literally just said what to do…

that’s on me didn’t understand till after. so after doing everything above like you said i still get this Screenshot by Lightshot

fixed the bug

hi I have an issue was it

No such export GetDiscordRoles in resource Badger_Discord_API

I have Badger_Discord_API and set up

I have no idea how to fix

DO i have to use the discord perms or can i use my custom discord perm script??

This will be getting a rewrite this weekend and the price will probably increase after that since it’ll be fully working and probably have a lot more features :slight_smile:

2 Likes