Advanced fishing [DEPRECATED]

Welcome to advanced fishing script.
I see myself as a developer different from others

I dont like people having to get a specific job to do something to earn money on the side like most fishing jobs out there, I’ve made an fishing script that allows your players to fish anywhere and with any job and in any way they want (legal and illegal)

This script adds a lot of new stuff as listed below:

• Boat rentals
  • Fishing
  • Selling points

Theres plenty of new items that will be added after you run the sql file:

• Fish
  • Fish Bait
  • Fishing Rod
  • Shark
  • Sea Turtle
  • Turtle Bait

You will have to add the Baits and Fishing rod to your stores on your own which is pretty easy.

Players can fish for normal Fish, Turtles or Sharks
Turtles and Sharks are illegal to be fished for (also give Dirty Money when sold)

Players first buy their fishing rod and bait
then they go to an boat rental to rent a boat
after that they go away from the shoreline and get up from the boat drivers seat and press [USE] on the bait that they want to use, after they apply the bait they can press [USE] on the fishing rod. that will make them start fishing. While fishing they’ll get an notification to press an button 1-8 on their keyboard if they press the correct one they’ll catch the fish if they press wrong one the fish breaks lose (its also on time)

Players that are fishing without using any bait before pressing [USE] on the rod will be able to catch fish but that fish will be smaller (less fish item per a catch 1-3kg)

If they use bait the fish they get will be bigger

If player uses Turtle Bait they will be able to catch a turtle (not 100% chance)
after they catch a turtle they can go sell it or press [USE] on the turtle to “cut it and put its meat on the rod as a bait for sharks” by doing that they’ll now be able to catch a shark which when caught acually spawn a shark ped on players boat (if they use a small boat for sharks it might sink which makes it fun xD)

I’ve been using this script on my server and players are loving it.

Download: GitHub - Kuzkay/esx_AdvancedFishing

Our other scripts
Towing & Winching [Standalone, ESX, QB]
Placeable items [ESX+QB]
Private islands [ESX+QB]
Islands Generator [Standalone]
Smugglers Heist [ESX+QB]
Drift Smoke [Standalone]
Drift Tires [Standalone, ESX, QB]
Engine Swaps [QB]
Engine Swaps [ESX]
Vehicle RGB Controller (Neon + Headlights) [Standalone]

55 Likes

Well done mate

+1

1 Like

Very nice but I seem to have a problem. When the notification of fish taking the bait, it instantly fails and the fish gets away. Is this intended or is there a way to increase the time before the fish gets away?

2 Likes

You can increase it in client.lua:line:150 try changing ‘if pausetimer > 125 then’ to ‘if pausetimer > 1000 then’

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. That doesn’t seem to work. Even set to 10000 it is still instant.

I was able to have it wait 5 seconds (just for testing purposes) by adding Wait(5000), so it’s now

“if pause and input ~= 0 then
pause = false
Wait(5000)
if input == correct then
TriggerServerEvent(‘fishing:catch’, bait)
else
ESX.ShowNotification(”~r~Fish got free")
end
end
end"

However in the server console it is giving me this error when hitting the correct key. https://i.gyazo.com/c77b4c922fded419f89f550707531558.png

One second

Try using this code in client.lua instead of the old one
https://pastebin.com/tDnQ6WYQ

That did the trick. It’s now adding fish to inventory. However the error in the console (server console) still persists, I think it’s because you are trying to check for an item in the inventory that does not exist (that being 1kgfish), but I could be wrong.

I modified my server.lua to this and it no longer spams with errors.

oh right, the 1kgfish is an old item I used but switched to just fish afterwards but people on the server still had old item so I forgot to remove that line of code

its now updated on github as well :slight_smile:

Found another issue, it checks when your START fishing if you are in any vehicle, BUT if you start fishing, and get into a boat and drive, it still fishes, so it doesn’t end the fishing. Probably an easy fix?

It should end the fishing after few seconds or when you catch next fish it should stop it automatically if I’m not wrong

1 Like

Just tested and that doesn’t seem to be the case. It lets you keep fishing and catching fish while driving the boat, though that’s only if you right click to cancel the emote and then drive.

Fixed. Updated on Github

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the amazing script. Quick question, do you need to use bait after each catch, or just once until you stop fishing? Trying to figure out pricing for the bait and selling price of thing and this will be a factor.

1 Like

It will announce when your bait has stopped working, I made this script some time ago I believe its after amount of catches or just random % of it stopping working each catch, It will tell you message like “you’re fishing without any bait” above the map when it runs out

After puting the new client.lua i get this error:

if fishing then

playerPed = GetPlayerPed(-1)
				local pos = GetEntityCoords(GetPlayerPed(-1))
				if pos.y >= 7700 or pos.y <= -4000 or pos.x <= -3700 or pos.x >= 4300 or if IsPedInAnyVehicle(GetPlayerPed(-1)) then

oh shet,
Make it into this, its updated now, thx for letting me now

if fishing then

playerPed = GetPlayerPed(-1)
			local pos = GetEntityCoords(GetPlayerPed(-1))
			if pos.y >= 7700 or pos.y <= -4000 or pos.x <= -3700 or pos.x >= 4300 or IsPedInAnyVehicle(GetPlayerPed(-1)) then
1 Like