RedM "freezes" when doing anything outside of RedM (receiving discord notifications, using discord hotkey etc.)

RDR2 version? 1.0.1311.16
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Social Club
Windows version? Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) None
System specifications CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, 3200 Mhz, cores: 6
16 GB Ram
Geforce GTX 1660
What did you do to get this issue? I was playing on a server and got messaged on Discord by someone which caused the game to lag and put me into solo session. I later found out that this is caused whenever I alt tab and do something in another programm or if I even press a hotkey for mute on discord.
What server did you get this issue on? Hop & Drop IP: 193.23.126.201
Latest CitizenFX_log file CitizenFX.ini (79 Bytes)
.dmp files/report IDs

Also add what you already tried so far. I’ve tried to change Vulkan to Dx12 since it was supposed to help in some cases however it did not. Same goes for changing from fullscreen to borderless. I’ve cleared cache and reinstalled the whole RedM however that didn’t change anythings as well. I thought it could have been caused by the server however the same thing happened to me on another servers.

What helped me from the beginning was disabling notifications on discord so they would no show up on my screen and cause me to lag however it was at the time I did not know doing anything outside of RedM would cause it to lag.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that whenever the game freezes, the task manager shows that the CPU required by the game drops from 75% to 0% and then back to 75%.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.