Redm client on linux

does redm work on linux using wine/proton?

(Bump) Sorry but only thread ive found on here

Out of the box no RedM does not work… :<

Not Proton but I feel it may give hints towards some of the issues?

/media/Games/RedM$ wine RedM.exe
WARNING: radv is not a conformant Vulkan implementation, testing use only.
0054:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\nsiproxy": c0000003
00e8:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
00e8:err:combase:RoGetActivationFactory Failed to find library for L"Windows.UI.Xaml.Hosting.WindowsXamlManager"
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF at address 00000001485617AD (thread 00e8), starting debugger…

RedD2 works fine via steam using GE-Proton-55 along with every other game. I notice RedM also does not create any files in the empty folder I placed it. Not sure if the redM dev’s are interested in sorting this or not but I would be grateful if they did or if someone else figured it out for lutris.

No they are not. They don’t care.

I have tried so many combinations to get FiveM to work for an example and, the devs whine that DXVK isn’t supported. This is legit bullshit.

RedM & FiveM for Linux would be fucking awesome, but the snail devs doesn’t care a bit for us users that want to use Linux.

Just setup a qemu passthrough VM. It’s better anyway.

Nobody wants to put up with the hassle of messing with wine/dxvk for a small subset of linux users. Maybe if the game was natively supported on linux (like it was on google stadia), then you’d be in the green.

Also keep in mind that the anticheat would need to be ported to linux as well.