Red dead online be usable for RedM?

How to set the server to dlc 1355??

1 Like

Hello,

I can confirm that servers using game version (1355) allow Red Dead Online standalone players to connect and load into world. I would like to run a server myself but I am having issues with finding any information on how to set the server up to run with version 1355. Can anyone help?

1 Like

I’ve found the solution, I’m sharing here for other users that may be looking for this info.
Add set sv_enforceGameBuild 1355 to your server.cfg or +set sv_enforceGameBuild 1355 to your launch parameters.

3 Likes

When I try to connect to a DLC 1355 server, RedM says it needs to restart to change game versions. Then, it verifies game files and says I need to redownload 4gb of data and then… nothing. Clicking OK does nothing and clicking Cancel just brings back to the main menu. What do I need to do to fix this??

1 Like

I’m not sure about this, I have not run into this issue myself.

2 Likes

After trying many fixes, it seems that this is related to the dreaded IPFS discovery issue.

I try to make this work here, but I still have the same problem. Has anyone figured out how to solve it?

Try this. (It worked for me somehow)
When it says you to restart, don’t press ok and let the countdown complete by itself.
and then it will start downloading game cache of 10 gb.
Then close and relaunch the redm and after that it will start downloading 4.9gb.

I get a wrong version error tellin me the server is on 1355 and im currently on 1311 or wtv but doesnt offer for me to upgrade just says tell the server owner

Well shit ton of people bought RDO instead of RDR2 , I myself bought it then few days ago i bought the Story mode ultimate edition DLC for it and as i said i know loads of people did it so i am just saying it would be in best interest of RedM to get on it cos i bet u there is some small gate to open/ few lines to change to make it work but they need to actually get on it and not just talk

1 Like

Also if I knew that i wont be able to play RP servers which was my intetion i would refund it but guess what , before i managed to find some info about it I already had too much time spend in game for steam to bother to refund it

1 Like

Do you let the 10gb download finish, or close and relaunch once it starts?

1 Like

As a player and not server owner i would like to use your number two fix
" +set sv_enforceGameBuild 1355 "
Where can i add it to my launch parameters.

Hi, Did you fixed the problem?
I have the same problem here and i think its just not downloading somethings that i need
Any news?

Kinda dumb considering the fact that its legit another online client lmao

Can i play RedM with Red Dead Online?

Searching the forums would have gave you the answer.

Yes.

1 Like

Oh, all right! Thanks for the anwser! <3

Yes. but there is specific game build (1355) that the RedM server should run.

can you run redm whith only red dead redemption 2 and not the online pls answer fast if you can