Recent Server Texture Issues

Earlier today an update was released and many users began to complain about texture issues from most users. This is an issue that lots of people are having, and have been trying to find a fix for.
One suggested topic has been to optimize your server scripts or server assets. I decided to run a test to see how my server compared with and without major assets. For the purpose of simplicity ill title them test 1 and test 2.

Test 1:
Default FiveM scripts and a revive script. I ran on normal textures with everything else maxed on the current release. I experienced no noticeable issues, maybe a time or 2 where something was slow to reload when I looked away and back.

Test 2:
Same build and game settings. Still had no issues when looking around and nothing seemed to be slow to load.

I have heard a few times about FiveM having a limit to how much GPU memory or computer memory could be used or streamed while in game. I am not believing this has anything to do with the game however because I have spent about 3 hours going through files and haven’t found anything (unless im completely blind, which is a possibility).

One fix that some what works has been to turn your Texture quality up to high or very high. This may still give some texture issues, but it has reduced chances. I am open to hear feedback about what you think and maybe a fix will be found from the dev team.

Below are the tests of both Test 1 and 2.

tldr; people don’t optimise their crap

Recommended asset memory usage is 16MiB. Over 32 will give yellow text warning about oversized assets and at some point it goes red.

The server isn’t the one being affected by the oversized assets, but rather the clients. There are many custom vehicles that do not use vehshare.txd and have a lot of the assets (even unused) added into its texture dict; some will also include the template for modifying the liveries.

I removed one such template from a vehicle (it has dimensions of 8192x8192) and resized all textures by 50%, taking its memory usage from ~200MiB to ~20MiB. Even just re-importing the textures at the same size can make a difference. Refer to [How-to] Optimize texture size | Fixing oversized assets | Bring any texture dictionary under 16 MB physical memory

Not a FiveM bug. The reply given should help resolve these issues, if not see #server-development:server-discussion.