RAM and Cores

Hi guys. I wanna start a FiveM server and I am buying a VPS. What is the importance of RAM and Cores in the connection of the server? Will it affect the performance of the server if the Ram and Cores are lower?

1 Like

Personally, I feel like the internet connection (mainly upload spd) is the main factor in a healthy server. You can be doing fine with just a core and ~2 gb ram as I had done that and it worked out great! Correct me if i’m wrong though.

Welp, depends on a lot of things like how many resources, which framework, how many players are on the server and so on. I would recommend more then 2gbs of ram, but as FiveM optimisation continues I do think that we’ll soon only need 2gb :upside_down_face:

I’ve run vRP servers, and, going from 3,2 to 5 ram does a lot of difference

3 Likes

if you don’t run shitty frameworks, like the one @oMarkez referenced to (vRP) then you should be doing just fine with 2GB of ram. One time i even managed to run FXServer on a 256MB RAM machine
:thinking:

2 Likes

lol I run a linux vps machine (hyper-v in a win server) with 750mb of ram and do just peachy.

For advanced RP based on ESX scripts, I recommend at least 2 cores and 2Gb RAM.

Yes, and upload speed it most important. Any profi VPS should do the job, really.

1 Like

*shit and unoptimized

3 Likes

Show me then your one you’ve made.

Of course that ESX has some issues, but it works nice and it seems to be optimized enough to me, as a server owner.

If you have bad experience with it, maybe your skill is unoptimized…

Mate… you don’t know who you’re talking to :joy:

1 Like

No and most importantly, I don’t even know why. I am glad for ESX and ES in general. It suits my community. Enjoy your trash talks, you’re the only one who appreciates them :wink:

P̷͖̹͎͓̻͕͎̯̥̻̠̺̯͍̔̌̉̔̉̊ͥ̌ͤͩ̐̀̚͜͞l̶̔͐̾̽͢͏͎̤͔̙̞̬̥̗͇̘̟ͅs̶̥̙̣͓̣̱͍̖̤̭̜͕̭̝̰͌̃̽͑̋́ͩ̎̊ͤ̾̇͋ͦ̅ ̧̛̣̦͓͚̦̲̲̪̈́̆͑̄͋̆͌̂͂ͫ̽n̴̛̹͙̯͔̝̣̮̣͈̦͓̫̈́͂̈́̄̇̏̍͛ͯ̎͝ͅͅo̶̵͙͖̠͉͎̖̲̫͚̘̳͔̭̱͇̣̅͑̅ͦͩ̾̈́͗ͥ̓ͤ̋͊̽ ̷̢̢̘͖̯̬̱͉̰͖̰̪͇̂̂̌ͪ͗ͮͧ̉͊̒͑̾́͗͂̔̍̀̚̚ͅb̸̷̢͚͉̯̯̬̲̭̪̺͔̺͙̊̔̐̆ͨ̆͑̓ͤ͛ͪ͊͋ͮ͘͢e̛̹͉̤͚̖̮̯͈͈͕̻͓̭̫̦̱͍̺̻ͯ͗ͯ̎ͭ̌͝ȩ̸̠̬̩͔̘͖͍̥̻̂̏̐͒͋͛̓͋ͯ̈̾͂͐̾̂͒ͨ̑ͣ͘͝f̴̤͍͖̱̼͈͉̻̲̦̗͕̦̭͍̻̻ͫ̾͒̿́͌̇͊̒̑̏ͥ̆͛̇̕͜͢

When is ESX not

??? :thinking:

Well i wanna buy a VPS with…
8GB Ram
4 cores
60GB SSD
I guess that this will be enough for a fivem server, which will get over 32 player?

would 8 cores and 8 GB RAM be enough for 32 slots and around 100 resources? what about for 64 slots?

Should be just fine

For 64 slots?

would 4 vCores make a big difference? I’m looking for between 32-64 slots

I think that entirely depends on how your scripts are gonna be optimized. I’m running similar set up atm and still have some HW reserve.

1 Like