QB Rockstar Editor Clips Crashing (2372)

Environment questions

GTA V version: latest
Up to date: yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: 10
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? yes
System specifications:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5950x
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080
RAM: 64GB
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash): (attached below)
logs/CitizenFX_log files: (attached below)
.dmp files/report IDs:

If you can’t start the game at all

GTA V folder screenshot:
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot:
Filepath to FiveM folder:
FiveM client folder screenshot:
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using?
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having?
Since version 2372, Rockstar Editor on my server has not worked. I’ve tried various things of testing what it could be, including ripping out MLOs, vehicles and the like- but I’ve found nothing solid that works.
What are you trying to do?
Trying to open and use Rockstar Editor in its entirety (including rendering out)
What have you tried already to fix the issue?

So my community has a server that runs a regular FiveM server (server 1) that is on 2372, and things I record will not open normally from the server or replay editor. I have to join our test server that is also on 2372 with virtually the same assets, but will only let me open 1 clip then it will crash upon opening a second clip.

We have our new server which we’re rolling out soon on 2372 as well, and it’s running QB Core. The rockstar editor clips are even more stubborn to load, and as of now I still have yet to load ANY clips from the QB server.

So to further test it, I gutted the test server that was running 2372 and downgraded it to 2178 and still get crash messages.

I’ve done 3 ways to load a rockstar editor clip from the QB server, and attached the crash logs below. I really want to know what it could be causing the issue and what a potential fix could be.

This first crash log is a QB Server clip (2372) and loading the clip on our test server that’s on 2178 version- crashed.
CitizenFX_log_2022-01-26T024205(QB).log (1.5 MB)

Second crash log is from recording a clip on the QB server, and then loading Rockstar Editor from within the server.
CitizenFX_log_2022-01-26T024629(QBtoQB).log (2.4 MB)

The last crash log is me loading into the QB server (to see if it loads the assets) then leaving the server and opening the replay editor on the FiveM main menu - crashes.
CitizenFX_log_2022-01-26T030622-QB-to-Replay.log (3.0 MB)

Error screenshot (if any):

What did you do to get this issue?

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful!
ProGamerNetwork Server 1 / PGN QB server

Additional comments

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Same for me

same for me bro

If any of you have the ability to compile/test FiveM, here is a potential fix: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gottfriedleibniz/fivem/a6076bc1fa5c47ceab17a841bb9ad8ff0d090cfd/code/components/gta-streaming-five/src/PatchReplayLimits.cpp

In summary: there is no size checks/validation on specific CPacketIPL buffers and it is clobbering subsequent data: one usually leads to allocator failures and the other (this) a CAutoLock crash.

This appears to fix my test-cases/repros, however, there will still likely be some ISLAND_HOPPER issues (i.e, enabled or disabled; therefore, noclipping to the island is no bueno as it would keep the non-hopper mapdata unloaded)

same for me

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.