[Q&A] GCPhone Questions? Ask them here, Will update main post frequently with updates

Why ESX2 is NOT ready for server use?

salam bro…macam mn nak join server THE BOSS?

English

Character limit on SMS? seems anything long and it causes the phone on sender/recciever to go white and requires a restart of client to fix.

Have you tried upping the limit in the database for messages?

same issue here any fixes/

up the limit in the database…

1 Like

Well no because most people are not developers so they would have no idea if it’s a limitation or the fact that the original developer might have a limit for a particular reason.

I generally find the attitude of this fivem dev community fairly negative, everyone acts entitled af and as if everyone “should just know”… we are the VERY people that give you any reason to even be making these scripts, without most of us there are no servers, so we need to work together on this kinda thing!

ACTUALLY that is 100% incorrect information bud. We post this stuff PUBLICLY for you to use at your own free will. It’s 100% open source code, and is LIMITED support due to being a single dev working on it. And I asked a very simple question, so there is no need for your high class snotty attitude towards me, that is NOT how you get support at all from any developer on the FiveM community. Ask ANY developer out there, with the attitude you just sent off, many of them would NOT help you out.

My question specifically was “Have you tried upping the limit in the database for messages?” Exact quote. It was a simple question, therefore if you HAD tried that, I could acknowledge that fact, and try to figure out another solution or bug fix for the phone.

I understand the whole “Attitude of this fivem community negative”, As most of them will be like “Don’t be stupid, figure it out.” But if you read through all 510 of these messages thus far, not one time have I been negative or rude to anybody, and I have helped out when and where I could given my limitations as a single developer for something used across more servers than you can imagine.

If you really want to be that snide and condescending though, please ask any developer or server owner who knows me, or my community, or the hundreds of people I have helped. @BM-CUSTOMS @Ultrunz and many others.

I even have a full community based around helping server owners and developers, but for you to come at me like that… You need to check your attitude at the entrance, If you want further support, I would suggest showing a little respect towards the developers making your server even possible.

Sorry that you don’t like the way I asked a simple question, but you really need to understand, we put our personal time and efforts out here for you for free 100%, and you come at developers with that attitude… That’s just wrong, you shouldn’t even be here if that’s how you’re going to be towards the people making your server possible.

ACTUALLY that is 100% incorrect information bud. We post this stuff PUBLICLY for you to use at your own free will. It’s 100% open source code, and is LIMITED support due to being a single dev working on it.

Thats your point of view, many others on the other end think the opposite. You have no benchmark to prove it’s 100% incorrect. As I said, without people running servers specifically for FiveM, there’s no need for you to dev for it, so you’d be doing dev for something else, be it a game or an app or similar.

I get the support is limited and I appreciate the stress devs can get in from this kind of thing. But they should know the end-users are not going to be super smart or in the know. My flex is running 20 odd #1 gmod servers for 7+ years and their developers understood this exactly, we worked well as a community, FiveM has been the polar opposite in my experience. Just look at QBcore vs ESX, ESX act like total “wtf don’t you know how to code” whereas QBCore are super helpful at all levels. Maybe some devs are jaded.

And I asked a very simple question, so there is no need for your high class snotty attitude towards me, that is NOT how you get support at all from any developer on the FiveM community. Ask ANY developer out there, with the attitude you just sent off, many of them would NOT help you out.

My question specifically was “Have you tried upping the limit in the database for messages?” Exact quote. It was a simple question, therefore if you HAD tried that, I could acknowledge that fact, and try to figure out another solution or bug fix for the phone.

So apologies on this, I only read the second response not the first, as I replied via the email I got. Buuut rather then saying “have you updated the limit on the DB” you could lead them a wee bit further by pointing out specifically what/where this is. I might be obvious but the number of times I read responses from this kind of answer it’s “Yeah so where si that?!” because the person really is not aware of where to start in the table for example.

I understand the whole “Attitude of this fivem community negative”, As most of them will be like “Don’t be stupid, figure it out.” But if you read through all 510 of these messages thus far, not one time have I been negative or rude to anybody, and I have helped out when and where I could given my limitations as a single developer for something used across more servers than you can imagine.

As per above, I was reading off the email notification I got so you can ignore that.

If you really want to be that snide and condescending though, please ask any developer or server owner who knows me, or my community, or the hundreds of people I have helped. @BM-CUSTOMS @Ultrunz and many others.

I even have a full community based around helping server owners and developers, but for you to come at me like that… You need to check your attitude at the entrance, If you want further support, I would suggest showing a little respect towards the developers making your server even possible.

Calm down, was not attacking you, was making a statement about the community in general, just happened to snap on your thread…

Sorry that you don’t like the way I asked a simple question, but you really need to understand, we put our personal time and efforts out here for you for free 100%, and you come at developers with that attitude… That’s just wrong, you shouldn’t even be here if that’s how you’re going to be towards the people making your server possible.

I agree, but there is a side YOU devs need to understand too and that’s your “customer base” are not all coders or even IT people and if it was just left to the people who know what they’re doing then we wouldn’t even be playing FiveM right now, it would’ve died years ago.

Thats your point of view, many others on the other end think the opposite. You have no benchmark to prove it’s 100% incorrect. As I said, without people running servers specifically for FiveM, there’s no need for you to dev for it, so you’d be doing dev for something else, be it a game or an app or similar.

To be fair, As I stated above, We would be developing our own servers, As I have for 4 1/2+ years, but instead of keeping the scripts to myself for MY community, I’m sharing my work with the public, so your statement above is incorrect to be fair.

I get the support is limited and I appreciate the stress devs can get in from this kind of thing. But they should know the end-users are not going to be super smart or in the know. My flex is running 20 odd #1 gmod servers for 7+ years and their developers understood this exactly, we worked well as a community, FiveM has been the polar opposite in my experience. Just look at QBcore vs ESX, ESX act like total “wtf don’t you know how to code” whereas QBCore are super helpful at all levels. Maybe some devs are jaded.

As far as your devs, and whatnot, That’s great. It’s nice to have a team that knows what to do. And as I stated before, I only asked a simple question, and if you had issues/questions still, They would have been answered as you can see from the hundreds of posts/questions/comments throughout this thread alone, and I have another one with a few hundred as well.

And it’s not ESX Devs vs QB Devs, it’s just devs in general. I do agree there are quite a few Developers out there with no respect or common courtesy, but you came at me like I was one of them, for no reason. And I don’t appreciate that, I’ve never given you or anyone else in this thread a reason, I deserve the same respect you would give anyone else, unless I give you reason otherwise (Which has not been done currently).

So apologies on this, I only read the second response not the first, as I replied via the email I got. Buuut rather then saying “have you updated the limit on the DB” you could lead them a wee bit further by pointing out specifically what/where this is. I might be obvious but the number of times I read responses from this kind of answer it’s “Yeah so where si that?!” because the person really is not aware of where to start in the table for example.

I understand what you’re saying, but just like you, I usually reply from my phone when I get an email as most of the questions/issues are simple to resolve, and if people have further issues, I continue to help when available.

Calm down, was not attacking you, was making a statement about the community in general, just happened to snap on your thread…

Understood, Sorry if I’m coming off as a jackass, but I hate when people get snide towards me when I did nothing wrong, Especially as an UNPAID open source script developer… I have ZERO paid scripts as all my work is 100% open source for free use.

I agree, but there is a side YOU devs need to understand too and that’s your “customer base” are not all coders or even IT people and if it was just left to the people who know what they’re doing then we wouldn’t even be playing FiveM right now, it would’ve died years ago.

“WE” devs don’t need to understand anything about a “Customer base”… I mean, I agree if we are CHARGING people for something, but for 100% open source work with ZERO pay for it, We shouldn’t be considered part of the devs with a “Customer Base”.

I mean, If we really wanted to get down to the brass taxes, If a bunch of us paid/free script/map/eup/car developers worked together and NEVER shared our work, the only servers in existence would be made, founded, and owned by developers only. And that’s not where we as developers want things to be.

I don’t consider ANYONE using my scripts as a “customer”, due to the fact that it’s open source, and free for anyone to use, edit and modify at their own discretion. I get people coming in here asking for help with Alternative or modified versions of this phone as well (Which I don’t support other peoples work because I don’t use their versions).

Anyone using MY work/scripts, Is a community member in my eyes, and I assume anyone asking the questions has at least basic Dev knowledge like “Database editing” or adjusting a config file, until they come to me with more detail needed, or more questions.

As I said, I have no issue coming here to help people, but if I or my thread are going to get attacked for literally nothing, I’ll shut it down and keep all my future work to myself because I don’t have a reason to get attacked. I understand it wasn’t your intentions, but look at it from my point of view as well.

If you had asked a question, I responded with, “Have you changed this?” and you said, How do I do that, I would have given full details on how to go about it. But until I know somebody doesn’t have the knowledge to do so, I assume they do, Especially with over 50+ DM’s per day, Tons of Private Messages on the forums, along with replying to tens of people in the forums with questions or help needed.

1 Like

I staarted using this phone and works perfect

1 Like

Learn how to do basic trials and error and coding knowledge before posting braindead post such as “WHY YOU PEOPLE ARE SO NEGATIVE AND WON’T PROVIDE HELP TO US” or even start a server in the first place. It’s open source, study the code. It’s generous enough for the author to post the source code instead of keeping it to himself.

My flex is running 20 odd #1 gmod servers for 7+ years and their developers understood this exactly, we worked well as a community, FiveM has been the polar opposite in my experience.

Yeah right 7+ years running gmod server and doesn’t know how to go around a simple message limit.

After applying the fix

Was that just updating the limit in the database? I never tested it, Just figured the limit was the issue.

1 Like

Change to longtext or VARCHAR with higher limit will do.

1 Like

Hi, I want people to be able to call 911 and it goes to all police on and another number like 912 to go to ambulance, is this possible.

1 Like

Right click and add channel

Can some please help me, i have added gcphone and everything to the database and it all starts and that
just wont show up in game, anyone that can help ??

Anybody an idea why my gcphone is not sending an GPS location automaticly with an emergency call? Players now have to press right arrow and click send GPS location. I saw many servers where this was automaticly send with the message itself

My Gc Phone is Frezzing when i try to take photos