[Q&A] GCPhone Questions? Ask them here, Will update main post frequently with updates

Do I have to have essentialmode to use this?

I installed it without essential mode and it kind of works. It looks like the function “getSourceFromIdentifier” in the server.lua file isn’t working. I think that the identifier variable is coming back null. ANyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

maybe here someone can help …

my phone number doesnt get generated, it just shows ###-####.

Would be so happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have that error when i try to use phone as a item

Hello brother, how youre doing?

The GCPHONE is working fine in my server, however the police call doesnt work. At first the phone was ringing in the desk, with the green circle on it. But i could not answer it.

I dont know if i messed something but now is not even calling anymore. The calls between players and messages to players and police works fine.

can you shine a light in it? Thank you!

The only error i get from server console is:

The resource start order it is correct.

Same problem lollololol

How do i change the height and width on my phone (in the files)?
I’ve changed the cover to iFruit but i overlaps the screen…

I get this error when i make it an item
[es_extended] [WARNING] Server callback “gcphone:getItemAmount” does not exist. Make sure that the server sided file really is loading, an error in that file might cause it to not load.

How do i turn off that you have to buy the phone ?

Hiya there! I have been converting this script to an FX script by removing the ESX dependencies and I have everything working (from what i can see) but it does not assign phone numbers. Any help? Thanks!

Hello so I am using GCPhone Version 3 and I have the problem, that my console shows me this error when I try to open the phone in game: SCRIPT ERROR: @gcphone/server/server.lua:547: attempt to call a nil value (global ‘getFirstname’)

Same problem dude

Hi i read all this post and didnt see the solution to my question:
Our server is configured so you need the item in your inventory. The problem is that if you dont have a phone the incoming calls activate the ringtone and cant answer the phone or hang it. Any idea?
Other issue we found is that if we call from one of the fixedPhones (cabines or police central) the number that shows in the receiver it´s the number of the player that makes the call, not the number of the fixedPhone
And finally an issue with twiter (this is already asked but never answered) how can I move the spot where the bubble with the new tweets i shown? By default it´s shown in top-left and we have the server logo there.
thanks!

Hello everyone, I have a fix for gcphone not generating phone numbers.

This worked for me, it may not work for you but it was my last resort after troubleshooting for about a week. You might kick yourself for this, but check what data type your phone number column is on your database. By default, mine was set to Int (Integer - taking only numeric values), after changing it to VarChar (Various Characters - takes numbers and different characters) it now generates a number to database and users phones. It makes sense really because - is a character and not an integer so when it gives that format in the script it would never have been able to be filled in the database.

Hope this helps anyway who has basically gone bald over this as I have at this point.

Tom

1 Like

I added this to the main post. Thanks for posting that.

1 Like

This is posted in the original thread on how to get it into an item.

You can disable ringing with no item, but it’s a little more of a pain than people think. haha…

fixedPhone has always been bugged, and was originally going to be removed, but due to demand, people requested that we leave it in the phone, and I personally just haven’t taken the time to fix it. If someone wants to fix it and post a PR in github, i’ll update it.

Twitter - You should be able to edit all of that in the CSS files for the bubble location!

@WestDijkRP - Read the first thread, It’s not hard to find the answer. There are about 15 posts in here that explain how to add/remove it as an item. :wink:

@smittysmitjrttv - Same as above ^

@Jordan2139 - Have you made sure that your “number” in the database is a VarChar and not an “INT”? If not that could be your issue.

@cobe - If you’re using the newest version of es_extended (That removes the use of essentialmode) this version of the phone will not work for you. You need to go download v3 (You can find it in the forums here)

@RahCop @Vitor_de_Carvalho - Newest es_Extended? If so , read my comment right above this one <3

@Adriano_Gama In line 43 you have ` and ’ (One comma, and one tilde) Make sure both of those are identical symbols. rapped around ESX:getsharedobjects.

@dewen Check the original thread, i posted a fix for that by @yknuff

@rikmyr If you’re using the NEWEST es_extended, just go get gcphone v3. That’s the easiest solution honestly.

ANYONE ELSE THAT NEEDS HELP PLEASE DO NOT PM ME DIRECTLY OR YOU WILL BE IGNORED UNLESS YOU WERE GIVEN DIRECT PERMISSION. POST HERE AND I WILL TRY TO RESPOND WHEN I CAN, I have twins on the way so my time is limited (Along with creating a new server) Thank you!!!

3 Likes

For GCPhone v3 issues, please use the search function and type in gcphone v3. I do not support the v3 version of the phone as it was not my modification to gcphone. But it sounds to me like your server/code doesn’t understand the logic of getFirstname. I’m assuming that’s because it wasn’t input into client.lua and server.lua correctly. You’ll have to ask the original author of that version though. Sorry boys/girls.

Btw can confirm esx1.2 is best with gcphone 3.
Does someone has working saltychat calls within that version?

Greetings,

I have problem with v3 version on newest esx. All works fine but I am stuck at sending messages to other players. When I send messages to someone, the person doesn’t receive message, but I can see that I sent it… Also the police and ambulance jobs are working fine. Can you please help me?

I have it configured to need the item in the inventory.
Can you give a clue of how to disable ringing?
I left only the 911 fix phone. Lets hope someone fix this. I dont have tiem to do so
Ok. I´ll take a look in that so I can adjust it to our HUD
Thanks

I installed it all as said made sure my config was set up in the right order and ill get the animation like i have the phone is out yet no phone pops up on screen ? https://i.imgur.com/kD0YuIm.png