PVP not working on artifact 2793+

Hi,

After updating to artifact 2794 I noticed that PVP was no longer working, when downgrading to 2793 I noticed the same issue. I am now using artifact 2792 where PVP seems to be working again.

I can provide any more info if needed.

Check this out:

This should force PvP back on for any artifact, although I don’t know whether it even works with the latest one specifically. Still, worth a try.

I already use those natives on the server and it was working fine up until build 2793, it seems like I can still target the other client (which you can’t do without using those natives) but it’s as if the shots are not being registered on the other client and therefor the client is not taking damage.

1 Like

Check if it’s being streamed to clients properly first of all, I’ll check some stuff meanwhile and see if I find anything related to this

I am also having this same problem. After being called stupid and then banned from the FiveM Discord, I reverted to an older artifact and PVP is now working once again.

Please, tell me how a server-side change made in these commits can possibly cause damage, which is handled fully client-side, to break at all?

I completely agree. I’m just reporting what I found. I was trying to diagnose it and figure out what was going on when I was banned from the FiveM Discord. As soon as we’re able to get the server up and running I was going to continue screwing around with it to figure out what’s going on. Happened to both the CNR and the RP servers.

On the latest artifact, everything is now fine. I didn’t change anything with my scripts from when it wasn’t working. I tried to record the problem, but when I upgraded to the latest artifact and got onto the server, we were able to kill each other this time. I restarted both servers on the latest artifact, and PVP is working just fine on both of them now.

I have no way to explain what happened. I’d call myself an idiot and be the first to point the finger at myself, but I literally did nothing but upgrade/downgrade the artifact and pulled the latest resources.

Sorry that I’m a hindrance and not much help, but at least it’s working once again.

Hello @TheNeco, Are you still having this issue!? If so, Please goto Permissions.cfg for vMenu, Press CTRL + F then type in PvP Change it from 0 to 1 then Save, and Restart your Server! If you have anymore issues, Please ask!

I am just updating this post just so it can be closed, after updating to artifact 2797 this morning after this commit “PVP” works perfectly as the friendly fire flag is being assigned to the other players.

I apologize if this post came across as “FiveM fix my shit” it was never meant as that and I was just reporting an issue I noticed after upgrading to artifact 2794. Thank you bubble for pushing a fix to this as fast as you did, I am very appreciative of all the work you do for this project.

1 Like