PSA on Advertising in Releases

As @xander1998 said, does this mean no more github and just promotion below? Not any special treatment for those who want to join our Discord can?

4 Likes

Yeah I prefer GitHub, that way I can at least look at the code before downloading. I’m usually at work browsing the forum on my phone. :joy:

4 Likes

GitHub should still be fine, though uploading the latest version just below your GitHub link doesn’t take long and it saves time for people wanting to just straight download it.

2 Likes

You can also create releases on github, i don’t see any problem there

1 Like

exactly that, it’s also useful to have release uploads archived in case, say, a user decides to remove a github repository

also note that said ‘wherever possible’

3 Likes

Ah. I honestly forgot about that on github. Im sorry if it sounded as i was being anmoying or disrespectful was generally curious if i needed to do that or not. I will go and add releases to my github repos and change the links. Just woke up so not feeling very good right now.

Thank You for posting this!

If you have a direct download link on your website (like if you post a link that immediately downloads your resource) is that allowed?

So you mean for example if http://faxes.zone/scripts/ had all direct downloads?

If we put the mod on gta5-mods for example can we link to it’s mod page? It’s much easier to maintain one link for a mod rather then having to update the link in several places where you post the most.

I get that it’s easier to keep files updated in one location, but if you’re posting about a release, you’re going to have to be active here to provide support, update the post when new features are released as well as providing a change log. So, while you’re at it, it shouldn’t take more than 2 seconds to drag a zip file from your computer into your post.

If you’re going to release something on another site and post about it here, but leave your topic here to die since the link doesn’t have to be updated, then I’d suggest don’t post about it in the first place. Though I don’t think this is what you meant.

Thanks bro nice job :heartpulse:

Thanks

This Message is for break the limit of 20 Char, ok ? Nice, now i can post this…

nice) thx

Can we include Discord Links purely for support? Ie: Join my Discord {link here} if you have any questions.

Thanks

Can we include a “Want more stuff like this? Head to my website www.fiveM.net

No, see Releases Rules and F.A.Q section Advertising