Particle Name Question (PURPLE FLAME NITRO)

Hi,
I am messing around with this nitro script: Advanced Nitro System

And i am trying to change the particle effects when using nitro to something like the picture below:
unknown

I believe this is the nitro flame particle (not color) that is being used on Koil’s NoPixel Server

Any help will be much appreciated :grin:

P.S

I have tried to use the Particles Tester By DashMauzi

to find it one by one but i couldn’t get it to work since it has been developed for Linux Based Systems.

EDIT:
problem solved check my code here: GitHub - zack-kyria/sw-nitro: sw-nitro modification (NoPixel Like)

1 Like

So update to my own thread in case somebody needs it in the future and maybe can hop in and help!

I found the specific nitro particle.
It is located in

Particle Directory: veh_xs_vehicle_mods

and the particle name is: veh_nitrous

i can’t seem to make it show tho.

I tried using the:

StartParticleFxNonLoopedOnEntity()

StartParticleFxLoopedOnEntity()

functions but it didn’t work

I also read somewhere that you need to flag the vehicle as
FLAG_HAS_NITROUS_MOD

and tried it and it didn’t work

Any help is really appreciated

1 Like

I do it with these three natives:

1. SetVehicleBoostActive(myVehicle, true)
  2. SetVehicleRocketBoostActive(myVehicle, true)
  3. SetVehicleNitroEnabled(myVehicle, true)

also your vehicle.meta needs to match some settings, I haven’t figured out which exactly so I just copy the ones from a normal vehicle in GTA

edit: where did you get that screenshot from? yt video? if so, which? i want to see how they look :slight_smile:

The problem is, i believe Advanced Nitro System by Deltanic

already has these natives cause it uses veh_backfire as the default nitro particle and it works perfectly.

The video is this: https://streamable.com/r4dp1i

Discord link and tag put on the title don’t work so i couldn’t contact the creator in any way to get help.

That’s why i am asking here

Yes but the natives I sent you use the original nitro from GTA:O

have you managed to get the particle to work for yourself?

Yes, using the natives from my first post :slight_smile:

1 Like

alright i will try it and let you know

IT WORKED!

I had some syncing issues but i managed to fix them!

Great, I’ve never looked too much into it since I stopped, but how did you fix the syncing issues? Force it on every client for that vehicle?

1 Like

yes.

Advanced Nitro System Already has a sync function, i just placed the natives you gave me on the wrong file and it wasn’t syncing.

So i just placed them on the ptfx client script which led to it syncing with every client.

Deltanic’s code is pretty easy to understand if you are interested

Yes I know it is easy to understand, I’ve used it, I just stopped because it spams events and overall performance isn’t great.

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

1 Like

BTW for it to work it needs
ptfxasset name to be set to the particle directory!

Like This:

<ptfxAssetName>veh_xs_vehicle_mods</ptfxAssetName>

4 Likes

Oh that’s lovely to know, any way you can tell me how to change the nitro’s color to match yours?

Dude can you find? This nitro system

2 Likes

sorry for the delayed response. I posted my sw-nitro version above. you can take the nitro flame from there

1 Like

hey, i was wondering how you replace the bone location for purge from bonnet to front bumper. i try changing the bone to “bumper_f” but its not working. i wonder if you can help me out :slight_smile: thanks

haven’t tried to do something like this but i would assume that if you head over to the purge.lua file and change ‘bonnet’ to ‘bumper_f’ in line 49 it should work but might be wrong offset? (not sure)

Maybe the purge works but needs to have the coords adjusted on lines 55-56

try it and come back

what is the particle name of the flames on the exhaust that u showed in that photo? ( the one with the blue nissan r35)