[PAID] Steering Wheel V

Motherfu-

You’re absolutely right. @RAMEX_DELTA_GTA note that you have to use the FiveM store type!

2 Likes

We’ve recently come across this script which unfortunately turns out to be partly obfuscated and with a hidden IP lock.

While in contact with their support, I had a few devs looking over the code, they fished out some details which we found interesting.

When we questioned this, everyone involved in the ticket was banned from the discord and the link that the javascript was calling was subsequently shut down.

gearShift is calling a native that returns a server’s ip and port in the following format ip:port
it is then being passed to a function called statusPedal which is then returning 2 variables; clutch and break. clutch is the ip and break is the port (you can re-create the function in lua really quickly and pass in an ip:port to see evidence of this).

Only the ip is stored in the variable gearShift and the second variable is ignored, this is then passed to the ui layer inside the SendNuiMessage as a variable called pedal.

The javascript is obfuscated so it’s hard to make out, but they are unable to obfuscate the obvious $.load that is calling an external api with the servers ip as a parameter (event.data.pedal, as stated before pedal is the ip being passed through from SendNuiMessage). It’s unclear why anyone would ever need to do this UNLESS they are checking if the ip is registered in their database (ip locked).

Because the function being used is $.load, it seems they are hiding a chunk of the script behind this api check. For anyone that doesn’t know what $.load does:

Can you simplify tht for someone like me that isnt really a dev. Is the script a rip off

wtf r y’all doing lol
keep argue with a nice script and ignore those leaks group
just shut up cuz no one force you to pay this
i haven’t buy this but it is obviously this creator surprised a lot of people in the last year with among us script

until now, still lots of people talking about those price
that’s mf ridiculous, just keep your eyes on leak group and stop these unnecessary conversation

Not on the last version i have sent the last update to @TheIndra so stop talk rubbish

I mentioned that the version you sent could’ve been the wrong one, instead of an answer you ban everyone that was providing useful information into that ticket.
Despite this, it’s pretty obvious what’s going on.
I can go ahead and send TheIndra the exact same version you sent us today, which backs up exactly what I’ve posted, that’s no hassle for me whatsoever.

Update V1.0.1 : :race_car:

-Add UI fade out when you are outside a car or if players don’t have steering wheel

Update V1.0.3 : :race_car:

-Fix steering wheel G920
-Fix Reverse Gear G920

Update V1.0.4 : :race_car:

-Fix Pedal on G920 :white_check_mark:

Update V1.1.0 : :race_car:

-Add compatibility with G923 :star_struck:
-Possibility to enable or disable UI :frame_photo:
-Possibility to enable or disable Gear HUD :frame_photo:
-Fix turning light ON/OFF :arrow_left: :arrow_right:
-Fix handbrake system :stop_sign:
-Optmization :star2:

Update V1.1.1 : :race_car:

-Fix UI G923 :frame_photo:

So I purchased this mainly to see if it actually worked so i’ll share my personal experience with you all.

• After purchasing the script and loading it up on my server, initially my wheel (G920) did not work at all.

• I then let the developer know and by the next day it was working fine in-game, wheel, pedals + shifter.

• However there’s no ForceFeedback yet at all and since then there’s been about 3-4 updates. I did speak with the developer of the script and he did mention he had a physics project planned that could add FFB. (idk if FFB works for other wheels I just know it doesn’t work on mine)

• Still no FFB but when the wheel turning is MUCH better than it was before making vehicles drivable.

• Workaround for some sort of FFB is to just Tab out of the game and when you come back into the game the spring strength will be set to 100% which is a bit stiff but its much better than having no spring strength at all.

If FFB is fixed/added then ill update this post.

Overall the script works well when it comes to the pedals & shifter. (Again No FFB and wheel turning isn’t too good). So if your using the Manual Transmission Client-Side mod and hoping to replace it with this one then I’d suggest waiting until it is developed a bit more as its not quite there yet.

I did notice the odd IP:Port information being sent over but I assumed it was some sort of Ownership Check to see if you actually owned it or not.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, I know that steering is not 100% smooth but I’m working to improve it, I will do an update on handling wheel very soon

1 Like

Does this toggle so people who dont have a wheel can still play

Yes sure is fully customisable and if player don’t have steering wheel the script don’t affect him. :+1:

Here’s my experience.

After purchasing the script roughly a week ago, I was unable to use it for several days.

When I asked here explicitly before the purchase, if it’s free to edit, if it’s not encrypted or IP locked, the answer implied that it’s not (read above).

It was IP locked, so that was a lie. I spend several days of chasing them, asking how am I supposed to get it working. After a day or two, I was told “I have a version with IP lock and the new one without it will be send to me soon”. Awesome, I spend almost two days complaining about my brand new steering wheel, because I thought something was probably wrong with it.

So, I was sent yesterday newest version just to find out it’s not IP locked, but it’s locked with the transaction ID instead. This is the reason why I don’t buy scripts from RCore anymore. Their authentication method malfunctioned several times, leaving their scripts unusable.

I paid for the fully editable script without any lock. I got first IP, then ID locked script. I was lead to believe this won’t be the case. For this reason, I can’t myself see to buy any script from this seller again.

What works

It feels overall good enough to use it
Few nice customisation options
H pattern shifter works well

Here’s what currently still doesn’t work

Handbrake, if used, still keeps jamming the script to the point it has to be restarted
No force feedback (never worked from what I read from others)
Paddles for turning lights instead of sequential shifting (…?)

2 Likes

the gamepad API which he abuses to make this work doesnt seem to support force feedback, only simple vibration support according to as much as i can find

How was you able to get the resource to work in server? Just purchase and cannot get the script to detect my G29 Wheel nor shifter.

Update V1.1.5 : :race_car:

-Add new steering wheel handling system more smooth and synced :racing_car:
-Fix brake reverse
-Add realistic clutch press

Update V1.2.1 : :race_car:

-Improve steering wheel handling
-Add Automatic gear
-Add Sequential gear
-Fix UI
-Add new UI gear
-Fix Logitech G923 device

1 Like

well here’s my thoughts on this script and the seller, this script itself “Steering Wheel V” is absolutely amazing, it brings a whole new fun level to roleplay and its just a great addition if you have a wheel, i see a lot of people saying its just the same thing and the manual transmission mod on gta5 mods but this is not the case at all, it is completely server sided which is awesome and it is great for what it is, its also receiving quality updates and the support from this seller is unreal, always willing to help out and you aren’t waiting ridiculous amounts of hours waiting for a simple reply, if you have a wheel and are looking to expand and add some fun to your rp or just your server, i highly recommend this

1 Like

So, exactly what I expected just happened.

They blacklisted my ID for pointing out their shitty business practice, meaning locking their scripts behind IP/ID and not telling their customers about it. When the script finally started to work (because they finally fix it for me after several days), I again pointed out the fact that several crucial functions (such as handbrake is still jamming the script and force actual force feedback was probably mistaken for wheel returning to it’s position → that’s not a force feedback, that’s the wheel feature, force feedback means responsiveness from the surface you’re driving on into the wheel - that’s not what the script does).

When asked for newer version after the next update, I was asked again for my transaction ID, as my previous support ticket got deleted (might have been due to several days of inactivity, however, no usual notification about the closure was sent, that leads me to a conclusion it was done manually).

I got refunded my money from their store and that’s it. No update, no reasoning, no explanation, only their own concerns and shitty business practices.

Honestly, if this resource wouldn’t be against ToS (no encryption of locking of the script of any kind), therefore it was properly advertised or if they would simply apologized, then life goes on. I could even write more positive review.

But if you think you’re just simply gonna throw the money back at me and that’s it, well, then throw in another £347 on top that I paid for my new wheel, since I rarely play and in that spare time I have, I wanted to finally enjoy it in FiveM with my friends.

I’m happy to pay to the community for quality resources. In many cases, I was very satisfied with the delivery. It also saves time on top of good optimization. But with this seller, I’m dealing with this forced encryption crap again…

First ticket

Second ticket

im confused as to why nothing has happened. the fact its had “ip lock” which caused it to be taken off once, and it still is up after he “removed it” aka just added more shit in terms of making it seem “legit” i guess