[PAID] [STANDALONE] Better Wildlife (Animal Spawning)

It is possible to spawn People too?

Review video please ! Thanks

I love it :fire: good job bro.
I would be very happy if you post a short video about it.

Preview video has been added to the post.
If the embedded version does not work here is the link.

Yes, basically. But you also gain a lot of additional control on how and what animal will spawn in which location/zone.

UPDATE 1.0.1

What did change?

→ Added /wipeAnimals command that deletes all animals (command.wipeAnimals permission)
→ Added support for appropriate spawning of domesticated animals such as dogs or cats
→ Reduced the likelihood of occasional “out of place spawnpoints”
→ Fixed some default zone configurations where large animals would spawn on the highway
→ Fixed cayo perico typo in config.lua that prevented some animals from spawning there
→ Minor performance improvements on the client
→ Reduced overall memory utilisation

IT IS ADVISED TO REPLACE CONFIG FILE

Hello, bought this script, and when I installed it my character could not spawn at all. It was stuck on a black loading screen. Does this conflict with another script?

Framework: QBCore
Version: Latest

Hello, bought this script, and when I installed it my character could not spawn at all. It was stuck on a black loading screen. Does this conflict with another script?

Framework: QBCore
Version: Latest

Hello, this is unfortunate to hear. Have you checked if all dependencies are fullfilled? Is FX-Server (artifacts) up to date? You might want to try another version. Is onesync enabled? Have you tried starting Better Wildlife isolated with just qbcore?

This beahvior seems really strange since Better Wildlife does not interfere with client/server loading in any way.

EDIT: Just tested Better Wildlife with qb-core 1.10 and FX-Server 5562 and it works completely fine. No loading issues on the client and no errors thrown. I highly suspect this is an issue on your end, as I cannot replicate this on latest qb-core and artifacts. Please consider checking for script errors and report them appropriately.

Hello, thanks you very much for this usefull script!

I have one question: do we have any option to block dog attacking ped on city?

Thanks you very much

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I will look into adding more control over animal AI.
Stay tuned for the next update :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks you very much!!

Last thing, at 53 players, the script run at 2/4ms. Maybe i have do a bad config?
I have ESX.

Here a profiler record:

UPDATE 1.0.3

What did change?

→ Made major adjustments to networking in order to reduce unecessary cpu load on the server
→ Made spawned dogs by default unable to attack players (can be disabled)
→ Added netfrequency config option to further improve perfromance
→ Added despawn timer to the configuration file for more control over animal gc
→ Added various options for animal populations that allow even further customization of their behaviour

Regarding issues with high server cpu load try adjusting Config.NetFrequency to a higher value if you still encounter those problems. Following updates will continue to adress server performance.

Thanks to Stereo973 for reporting this issue.

Update can be downloaded from keymaster.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Very nice update in short time!!!

I update and test this evening, i will let you know the difference.

Thanks you very much!!

2 Likes

is the performance fixed?

I think this just looks beautiful. Great job!

1 Like

Hello, this could be used to breed for example a specific type of animal in a specific area? I would like for example to spawn some cats inside the cafeuwu of gabz or things like that. is it possible with this script?

Performance improved quite a bit although this script is still not lightning fast. Networking entities for all clients in a secure ways comes with a slight performance hit. If your server does not have terrible internet speeds and a decent cpu this will run without issues.

No not really, you can only spawn animals in dedicated zones defined by GTA.

for me is not a good script… i buy it…

I see lot of animal spawn everywhere, and yes i configure it in config…

Lot of dog don’t moving in city… Lot of animal jumping from cliff…

Really bad product. sorry

can be really better to spawn animal at special coord… for more immersive… and not see deer running in the city xD

UPDATE 1.0.4

What did change?

→ Made minor optimizations and performance tweaks
→ Fixed chat command suggestion not working properly
→ Fixed a bugged config entry that caused wrong animals to spawn at vinewood hills (Thanks to pascal57 for adressing this)
→ Implemented entity scheduling which improves server performance by a large margin (up to 2x)
→ Added a new command toggleAnimals that toggles/pauses animal spawning (command.toggleAnimals)

is there a way to have this also do ocean wildlife?

Ocean wildlife is not supported yet, but every other creature that lives on land, should be no problem. :slight_smile: