[PAID] Enhanced Driveby Animations v1.1 (Custom Clipsets) (2.0 Teaser Out Now!)

What other driveby animations should be created? (5 max)

• What other driveby animations should be created? (5 max)
  • Driver
  • Unarmed
  • Handgun (w/ Two-Handed Grip)
  • Handgun (First Person ADS)
  • Rifle / Shotgun
  • Support large vehicles (Mule, Flatbed, etc)
  • Support other vehicles
  • Support more seat layouts
  • Improve current animations
  • Improve default animations (Shooting from inside)
0 voters

Not compatible with all vehicles but should currently work with almost all add-on vehicles
This resource contains no vehicles, other add-on vehicle resources are required to test and use this resource.

INTRODUCTION

After almost a year of research and development, Enhanced Driveby Animations are finally ready for enjoyment. No longer are the days of smashing and shooting out your own window. Now you can climb out of your window and expose yourself to danger like a real man

This was created using the built in driveby animation clipset system. Included are 18 animation clipsets for 20 vehicle layouts and a script which provides custom 1st and 3rd person driveby cameras. These 20 layouts should be compatible with most vehicles, especially common vehicles like sedans, coupes, sports, suvs, trucks, etc.

A few months of research and another 6 months of development and testing. It was very tedious work, especially because I am not an animator, but the default animations were always a huge pet peeve of mine, and I knew I had to get this out for general use. I am looking forward to seeing content using these animations.

FEATURES

Wide variety of custom layouts for most common vehicle types along with a custom driveby camera system with many configurable options.

Animations (18 Clipsets)

14 Clips per Clipset = 252 Clips total
9 Animations (4 sweeps, 5 transitions) per Clipset = 162 Animations

Sweeps: Low, Med, High, Blocked (Reload)

Vehicle Layouts (20 Layouts)

LAYOUT_DELTA_STD
LAYOUT_DELTA_LOW
LAYOUT_DELTA_SPORT
LAYOUT_DELTA_SUPER
LAYOUT_DELTA_PICKUP
LAYOUT_DELTA_RANGER
LAYOUT_DELTA_VAN
LAYOUT_DELTA_VAN_LOW
LAYOUT_DELTA_SUV
LAYOUT_DELTA_SUV_HIGH
LAYOUT_DELTA_SUV_LOW
LAYOUT_DELTA_SUV_HIGH_LOWREAR
LAYOUT_DELTA_4X4 (Mesa, Crusade, Dubsta)
LAYOUT_DELTA_4X4_DUBSTA (Dubsta Lifted Truck)
LAYOUT_DELTA_SANDKING
LAYOUT_DELTA_STRETCH (Limo & Addon Cars)
LAYOUT_DELTA_TOURBUS (Tourist Bus & Addon Cars)
LAYOUT_DELTA_STD_RHD (Right-Hand Drive)
LAYOUT_DELTA_LOW_RHD
LAYOUT_DELTA_SUV_RHD

Driveby Script (Abbreviated Features)
  • Custom 1st & 3rd Person Driveby Cameras for both Default & Custom Animations
  • Camera Options: FOVs, shake, transition type, and more.
  • “Adjust Seat”: using arrow keys while holding Shift will move FP cam slightly to fix ped clipping.
  • Config: Require aiming, restrict driver, disable at high speed, and more.
  • Adjustable recoil shake with optional speed multiplier
  • No more smashing windows, windows roll down automatically when aiming and custom animations disable smashing entirely
  • Client Event - “Driveby:Update” - updates players ped and vehicle seat
Full Script Config
aimingRequired=true, 		-- Players will not be able to shoot unless they are aiming
restrictDriver=false, 		-- Driver can not aim or shoot weapons while driving	(Note: Driver does not have a custom clipset yet.)
disableAtSpeed=26.9,		-- Max speed (m/s) limit to disable driveby aiming		(Default: ~60 MPH)					
cameraMode=2, 				-- 0: Custom Camera Disabled	1: Only used for vehicles on list	2: Default for all vehicles
camTransition=0,			-- 0: Smooth	1: Instant
dCamFov=65.0,				-- Third Person Camera Feild of View
fpCamFov=65.0,				-- First Person Camera Feild of View
useCamAlways=true,			-- Custom camera will be available to use even when not aiming
autoActivate=true,			-- Automatically activate custom camera when player enters a vehicle
fpOnly=false, 				-- Restrict the driveby camera to first-person 		(Note: This will override allowVehCam)
allowVehCam=true,			-- Allow player to switch to the regular vehicle camera
shakeCamForRecoil=true,		-- Shake camera for weapon recoil
upRecoilForSpeed=true,		-- Change recoil depending on vehicle speed
camShakeScale=0.75,			-- 0.0 - 1.0 max amount to shake camera

Screenshots

First Person Comparison

Custom Camera Screenshots

Camera for Custom Animations (Full 360)

Camera for Default Animations (Bonus - Experimental)

Vehicle Variety Examples

INSTALLATION

Not compatible with all vehicles but should currently work with almost all add-on vehicles

Install Resources and Enable Animations
  • Add resource files EDA_BASE & _EDA_01 to server and add to server.cfg file, start these before/above ALL add-on vehicle resources.

Determining Correct Layout

Since add-on vehicles are all made different, you may need to try a few different layouts before you find the correct one that work.

Layout Conversions

LAYOUT_STANDARD → LAYOUT_DELTA_STD
LAYOUT_LOW → LAYOUT_DELTA_LOW
LAYOUT_STD_HIGHWINDOW → LAYOUT_DELTA_SUV
LAYOUT_VAN → LAYOUT_DELTA_VAN
LAYOUT_BISON → LAYOUT_DELTA_PICKUP
LAYOUT_RANGER → LAYOUT_DELTA_RANGER

Layout Examples

STD - Emperor
LOW - Buffalo, Gauntlet, Charger (Addon)
SPORT - M1 (Addon)
SUPER - Coquette
PICKUP - Bison
RANGER - Rancherxl
VAN - Rumpo
SUV - Minivan, F150 (Addon)
SUV_LOW - Tahoe (Addon)
SUV_HIGH - Cavalcade
SUV_HIGH_LOWREAR - Baller

Layout examples should help but for very small windows there may still be some minor clipping.

Enable Custom Cameras
  • Navigate to EDA_BASE and open the config.lua file
  • If cameraMode is set to 1, then only vehicles in the list will have the custom camera.
  • If cameraMode is set to 2, then all vehicles will have custom camera and you can use to list to disable it for certain vehicles and to set which vehicles have custom animations.
  • Add vehicle to list if needed, use 0 to disable, 1 if the vehicle has a default animation and 2 for custom animation.
  • Edit EDA_BASE config to your preferences.
Optional: Enable additional weapons

You can add weapons by Weapon Group or by individual Weapon Name.

• Navigate to _EDA_01 → data → vehiclelayouts.meta
  • Once you open the meta, you should see this section at the top:
Meta Section to edit
<Item type="CDrivebyWeaponGroup">
	 <Name>DRIVEBY_DELTA_ONE_HANDED</Name>
	 <WeaponGroupNames>
		<Item>GROUP_PISTOL</Item>
	 </WeaponGroupNames>
	 <WeaponTypeNames>
		<Item>WEAPON_STUNGUN</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_SAWNOFFSHOTGUN</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_MICROSMG</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_MACHINEPISTOL</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_MINISMG</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_COMPACTRIFLE</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_DBSHOTGUN</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_AUTOSHOTGUN</Item>
	 </WeaponTypeNames>
</Item>
  • Either add a weapon group or add the name of the weapon to the list

TROUBLESHOOTING

General
  • Have you followed the installation steps?
  • Did you add and start the resources above the add-on vehicle resource?
Animation
  • Are you using an add-on vehicle?
  • Did you change the add-on vehicle’s layout to one of the layouts provided?
  • Are you in a passenger seat?
Script/Camera
  • Did you add the vehicle into the vehList inside EDA_BASE config.lua?

KNOWN ISSUES

Script
  • Only checks seat when you first enter, so if you swap seats, trigger “Driveby:Update” client event to update vehicle seat (Changing camera view will update seat also)
Camera
  • No First Person ADS (Could possibly be made in the future)
  • Some clipping with experimental driveby camera (Can usually fix with “Adjusting Seat” feature)
  • Script cameras cause aiming sync issues between players when enabled
Animation
  • No First Person ADS (Could possibly be made in the future)
  • Fingers do not always grip weapon fully (Can be fixed in future update)
  • Minor clipping during transtions through small windows
  • Switching from Sweep to Blocked while reloading can jerk when aiming at certain angles
  • AI have been observed T-posing for unknown reasons and inconsistently
  • AI sometimes skip intro and outro transitions and can cause jumps when aiming at multiple targets

New Announcement

EDA 2.0 Teaser (Delta Advanced Driveby System)

Features
  • Default / Vanilla & Addon vehicle compatibility
  • Rifle, Shotgun, and MGs available (configurable)
  • Native First-Person & First-Person Aim Down Sights
  • Driver can perform but loses steering controls during (configurable)
  • Default Weapon Aiming and Custom Aiming Styles Compatible
  • And more…

Previous Update

EDA Update 1.1

EDA Update 1.1

Thanks to Bungle for RHD layout help and Bakisito for helping test.

Additional Layouts:

• LAYOUT_DELTA_4X4 (Mesa, Crusade, Dubsta)
  • LAYOUT_DELTA_4X4_DUBSTA (Dubsta Lifted Truck)
  • LAYOUT_DELTA_SANDKING
  • LAYOUT_DELTA_STRETCH (Limo & some addon cars)
  • LAYOUT_DELTA_TOURBUS (Tourist Bus & some addon cars)

Right Hand Drive Layouts:

• LAYOUT_DELTA_STD_RHD
  • LAYOUT_DELTA_LOW_RHD
  • LAYOUT_DELTA_SUV_RHD

The plans for EDA v2 have not been on track because the native I need does not sync properly.
I have made a post here so hopefully it can be resolved soon.

OTHER

Feel free to post any content or media that involves these animations or camera system in this thread, would love to see it!

Rifle Animation Example (Not Included)

How It Started (Bonus Meme)

Config, Clipset, and Layouts files are open source.

Free Demo Now Available Here!

Animation Pack ($15)

Code is accessible No
Subscription-based No
Lines (approximately) 315
Requirements N/A
Support Yes
19 Likes

Hi, I am having some issues getting this to work with vanilla vehicles. It works perfectly fine with addon cars, but Im having trouble streaming the vehicles.meta for vanilla vehicles. It just doesn’t seem to be streaming. Im wondering how you streamed the vehicles.meta file.

3 Likes

Not compatible with all vehicles. Currently only working on supported layouts for add-on vehicles

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get it to work with vanilla vehicles, it seems neither the vehicles.meta or vehiclelayouts file will override the vanilla vehicle layouts.

To test on the vanilla vehicles, I took a few and added them as add-on vehicles. It’s not exactly ideal, but I think it’s the only option to get it working with vanilla/default vehicles.

1 Like

Ohh sorry I didnt see that part there, but thanks for the quick response. Ill probably just make the main vanilla cars that are in the main vehicles.meta addon to get it to work with them. But hopefully soon we are able to steam vanilla vehicles.meta files, I saw loads of posts dating back to 5R about streaming them.

2 Likes

when i try to aim out the car it doesnt do any thing

4 Likes

Updated main post to include Troubleshooting section, let me know if you are still having issues.

If you are in the drivers seat and can not aim at all, make sure restrictDriver is false.

2 Likes

i add the car to the config i turned the restrict driver to false and by add-on vehicle resource u mean the before the file that u have all ur car files in (stream folders) and i didnt kno i had to change any vehicle layouts how would i do that and will it mess up the car

also does this script make it so that u can shoot out of any vehicle but the vehicles on the list cuz as of right now i can shoot out of any vehicles

2 Likes

For Animations:
To enable the custom animations, you must change the layout in the vehicles.meta.
Changing the layouts should not break anything, but of course it’s strongly recommended to backup files before changing them.

Below is a basic conversion list but there are more clipsets than match to the vanilla layouts.

LAYOUT_STANDARD → LAYOUT_DELTA_STD
LAYOUT_LOW → LAYOUT_DELTA_LOW
LAYOUT_STD_HIGHWINDOW → LAYOUT_DELTA_SUV
LAYOUT_VAN → LAYOUT_DELTA_VAN
LAYOUT_BISON → LAYOUT_DELTA_PICKUP
LAYOUT_RANGER → LAYOUT_DELTA_RANGER

For Camera:
The default cameraMode is 2, which allows the custom camera on all vehicles and you can set vehicles to 0 in the vehList to disable individual vehicles specifically, or you can change cameraMode to 1 and only enable it on certain vehicles with the vehList.

2 Likes

ok but what im also saying with this script in you can only shoot out of vehicles thats on the list or you will be able to default drive by shoot out of cars thats not on the list

You can shoot out of any vehicles but only the vehicles on the list will use the custom driveby cameras.

The script only restricts the driver from shooting, if set, but if you would like to see a feature to restrict passengers from shooting out of certain vehicles then that could be added.

1 Like

nah just wanna make sure that u can still shoot out of any vehicle just the ones on the list can do the custom drive by i think i gotta change the meta dat cuz thats one thing i didnt do

and also could i add weapons to the meta data cuz i have add on weapons but they are all pistols

3 Likes

Yes, you should be able to add weapons by Weapon Group or by individual Weapon Name.

• Navigate to _EDA_01 → data → vehiclelayouts.meta
  • Once you open the meta, you should see this section at the top:
<Item type="CDrivebyWeaponGroup">
	  <Name>DRIVEBY_DELTA_ONE_HANDED</Name>
	  <WeaponGroupNames>
		<Item>GROUP_PISTOL</Item>
	  </WeaponGroupNames>
	  <WeaponTypeNames>
		<Item>WEAPON_STUNGUN</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_SAWNOFFSHOTGUN</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_MICROSMG</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_MACHINEPISTOL</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_MINISMG</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_COMPACTRIFLE</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_DBSHOTGUN</Item>
		<Item>WEAPON_AUTOSHOTGUN</Item>
	  </WeaponTypeNames>
	</Item>
  • Either add a weapon group or add the name of the weapon to the list
2 Likes

for some reason its not working the camera stuff is but shooting out of cars is like completly disabled for some reason can you please help me

1 Like

for some reason the only thing thst works is the camera but the custom driveby shooting is not working in fact i now can shot out of vehicles at all

I sent you a direct message, hopefully we can get it sorted out and working for you. Sounds like maybe something broke while editing it so I will probably need some screenshots of the files

2 Likes

If you teleported into a passenger seat, trigger client event “Driveby:Update” or change the view (default: V) to update seat. If you still have issues, try setting aimingRequired to false and check if that fixes it.

2 Likes

you may have that extra NoDriveBy script in your server . Could that be the case as well?

3 Likes

i dont have that when i take the custom drive by script all the drive bys go back to original i can shoot out cars and from the driver seat also when i put the script in i can shoot out of no cars no matter what seat im in

3 Likes