[PAID] Codesign Multicharacter

Awesome work.

2 Likes

Codesign is hosting an Easter Discount! :rabbit2: :rabbit2:

We are currently having a 20% discount on our Tebex store
Make sure you check it out!

Great resource! Honestly pretty easy to get setup and looks much better than most of the alternatives out there! As usual, great work guys!

2 Likes

i have done what you said to do but i cant get the skins of the people i made to show up on the screen that you select from what could that be

It s shame some or all of your scripts are obfuscated(which i dont think is allowed anymore). could make great standalone recourses also since esx isnt the only framework.

anyways keep up the good work the addons do look good.

I really love the character selection, I can write an entire essay about it!!! Setting it up is as easy as 123 (if you got the skills) and the configuration is sexy! I love the fact that you can change the location of where you see the characters, and the characters run off fivem licenses, but if you are extremely advanced there is an option for steamids! I just really love the fact that they give you 4 files to edit, and it may sound dumb that 4 files? but trust me, the 4 files are loaded with lines of code ready to edit but your own hands!

The best script for multiple characters.

1 Like

We are grateful for your review :kissing_smiling_eyes:

We are very happy to let you know that all Codesign products have been switched to the new FiveM Asset Escrow system!

Changelog v4.0.1

Add

• Added the option to only allow players to switch characters at set locations using a command or keypress and optional blips on the map.

• Added drag and drop support for the new esx legacy version.

• Added support for the use of ped models on the character selection screen.

• Added the ability to customize the job name which is displayed on the UI without compromising the optimization.

• Added extra checks to make sure that incompatible database tables that people add to the Config.DatabaseTables such as user_lastcharacter etc do not get ran as that would cause a script breaking problem.

Edit

• Made modifications for this to work out of the box with “cd_identity”.

• Changed “Database cleaner” to be a command instead of being used every restart as its only really needed to be used once every week to a month.

• Modified the “Config.DatabaseTables” to be easier to understand for new people.

• Updated the codesign error handlers.

• Updated the SetAllMaxChars console command to also update the max_chars column default value in the user_lastcharacter database table with the new value.

• Added some extra fail-safe checks to ensure stability - If a player’s maximum character limit in the user_lastcharacter database table is larger than the maximum amount of ped coordinates that the script is currently configured for, the script will fix itself and show the default 5 characters as a temporary fix until the server devs can resolve the issue.

• Added checks so the spawnmanager exports are only triggered for certain versions of esx.

• Fixed compatibility with linden_inventory.

• When you change the Config.DefaultCharAmount it will automatically modify the default maximum character value in the database.

• All of your Config.DatabaseTables identifier column lengths are automatically checked and set to the minimum value of 50 if needed.

• All of the code required to add compatibility with other clothing/skin resources is now available to edit.

• Your chosen characters skin data is now sent to the CharacterHasLoaded_EXISTING function in order to reduce SQL queries.

• Removed some config options which ask you if you are using other Codesign resources and replaced them the GetResourceState() FiveM native to ensure people don’t misconfigure the config which would cause script breaking problems.

• Moved the code to change the location of the peds to the config to be more ”new developer friendly“.

• Removed some unneeded config options and rewrote the config to be more “new developer friendly”.

• Removed some unneeded SQL queries along with greatly optimising others such as the get character data query and the get skin queries.

• Rewrote huge portions of the server and the client side code to be more optimized.

Fix

• Fixed the typo with the “Delete” button on the UI.

• Optimised server side.

• Fixed a typo with the “kashactersS:CharacterChosen” trigger event sending the wrong data.

• Fixed a typo causing which caused errors when using only 1 character

• Fixed a bug causing the drawtextui for the switch character to not work correctly.

• Fixed a typo causing the advanced multi character method to not work correctly.

• Fixed the bug where sometimes your ped would fall when first spawning.

• Added better checks to make sure your ped and other players peds are invisible during the character selection.

• Fixed the Config.Emoji not being able to be disabled.

• Fixed compatibility with cui_character (read the read me and complete the newly edited steps).

• Switching characters in game is no longer experimental and now should be fully ready to use.

• Fixed the bug where when you switch characters in game and create a new character it would show your previous characters clothes instead of a default ped.

• Hide the esx hud during the character selection screen when switching character in game.

• Fixed the screen fade not fully disabling when switching character in game

• Force save the coords of your previous character when you switch character in game.

• Fixed the “xPlayer is nil” errors in external resources such as cd_spawnselect or cd_identity etc when triggering events from the multicharacter after the player chosen their character, as now these events will only be triggered after ESX has fully loaded a players character data.

By far the best multicharacter script i have seen. Very cool. and the animations when you select your character are hilarious. 10/10

1 Like

The best way to pick you char!!! highly customizable and super easy to use!! even has the much needed advanced multichar to help with unique identifiers! easy setup and play!

1 Like

Oh no :frowning: Cannot be customized

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience :sweat_smile:

:hearts:

What do you mean? What can not be customized?

I give this script a 10/10. One of my favorite things about this product is that each character has a different animation when you select them. I also love the fact that you can see all of your characters when making a selection! If you’re looking for a multicharacter script I would highly recommend codesign’s!

1 Like

10/10 , its codesign , what more do i need to say, smash it out of the park everytime and the support is top class

1 Like

I am getting two error Codes
[script:cd_multichara] [cd_multicharacter] [error_code-487]
[script:cd_multichara] [cd_multicharacter] [error_code-331 ^]
I have already done the steps to fix this in docs.codedesign.pro

1 Like

The most complete Multicharacter system in the forum.

After trying many multicharacter systems I found this one. I must say it is the best multicharacter you could ever use on your server. It offers very clean ui and very great performance on your server.

10/10 Stars

2 Likes

Documentation is great on this script - would like to try the advanced method once everything is complete on my end but so far so good; pretty crazy how it works with the simple method and still manages to keep data in tact.

1 Like