Output adapter

If you did not find a solution, fill out the following template and remove this top text.

RDR2 version? Latest
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
System specifications It was running fine before my stupid mistake.
What did you do to get this issue? I accidentally switched the output adapter in Redm while in game and now it won’t load up and I get a message referring to my intel driver and saying to update it in order to play. Is there an ini for RedM so I can find it and fix it while out of game? Any advice?

Also add what you already tried so far. I uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted my computer, tried forcing my redm.exe to force run my nvidia gpu through display settings, but didn’t work… I feel so silly, can someone please help me? is there something I can delete to reset settings? :frowning:

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

I fixed it, thank goodness. Through my own stupid curiosity and mistake, I did everything I could try. What I ended up doing was disabling my intergrated Intel Driver just long enough to start the game, and switch the settings. Hopefully nobody makes this mistake, but if you do here are the steps:

1. Open Device Manager by right-clicking on start menu icon and then select Device Manager

2. Here expand the Display adaptors and then right-click on the Integrated processor (Mine is Intel® UHD Graphics 630, yours will be different) and then click on Disable device. Your Windows screen will go black for a second which means Windows is switching your Graphics card to dedicated card!

That’s it! If you wish to re-enable your built-in graphics then repeat the above steps and click on enable device. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.