Only let players access jobs if they have been whitlisted

Hi,

I want to know if there is a script (or make one myself), to only let people access a job if the current Boss accepts their application. For example, I don’t wan’t everyone to be able to switch jobs at will with the default job center in the current ESX Legacy.

I want to create a similar thing for a gun license, only able to buy a gun (legally) if they had permission from someone at the police.

Does something like this exist or not?
If not, could someone leave a short rundown of what I’d need to do.

Thanks!

esx_jobs has a whitelisted feature, just set the “whitelisted” row in the jobs table to “1”. Job leader can give the job with the /setjob command:

/setjob playersID jobname jobrank

I hadn’t thought of this, thanks.

How can I deactivate some jobs from the job center without breaking it all?

Disable those jobs from starting up in server.cfg and remove the jobs and grades from jobs and jobs_grades tables in the database. Anyone with a job that doesn’t exist anymore will be made unemployed.

What I meant was, I wan’t some jobs, like fishing, lumberjack etc. to be available to anyone via the job center, but jobs like paramedic, police, etc. To require whitelisting.

I only want to disable the option for those jobs in the job center, not overall.

Setting a job’s “whitelisted” row to 1 in the database will remove it from view in the jobcenter.

Ah ok, thanks.

Hi,

If you want a license script for for example firearms there are plenty out there! Just search the forums.

Boomba

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.