[OneSync] Players and Vehicles not syncing with server

Hi! I’ve been having a problem with my server for the past 6/8 months, and I’m starting to get a little desperate for help…

Server

Operating system: Windows Server 2019 Standard
Artifact version: v1.0.0.6136
IP address: play.atlanticrp.net
Resources: 41
System specifications: 1gbps up/down, 64gb RAM, Ryzen 7 3800X

Also I’m using a reverse proxy, an external mumble server and a caching server.

Incident

Summary: When my server reaches around 750 (sometimes less, sometimes more) 2 things start to happen.

Some players are not syncing to the server and when I try to get their ped using GetPlayerPed(source) then value returned is 0, also I can’t get their position, health etc. I’ve created a temporary fix that’s not ideal, in a server side loop I go through every player and get their ped, if it’s 0 I drop them. With a little bit of investigation, I came to the conclusion that the client exists and is not null, but this throws an exception fivem/PlayerScriptFunctions.cpp at f9578a0c545cd8e3f76c7777118e698e1c39a849 · citizenfx/fivem · GitHub .

Also, when players spawn vehicles (server side), while the other problem is occurring, some of the vehicles are also not synced to the server, which is weird because they were created through the server… just a quick note, I have that kick loop enabled, so the unsynced vehicles occur on synced and “healthy” players.

Expected behavior: Players and vehicles syncing with server
Actual behavior: Players and vehicles can’t sync with server when the server has more than ~750 players.
Steps to reproduce: At the moment, the only repro I have is to have the server with 800 players.
Server/Client? Both!
Files for repro (if any): None
Error screenshot (if any): None
.dmp files/report IDs: ETW Trace I’ve recorded a trace when the issue was happening.

Any additional info: I tried reducing the player culling radius to 350 units but nothing changed…

Thanks in advance!

1 Like