[OneSync] Ghost cars, Syncing issues (SEMI FIXED SEE COMMENTS)

Nobody has done this yet, so not sure why everyone is ‘bumping’ this topic all the time begging for a fix.

An unreproducible issue is an unfixable issue.

no, your message is literally just stating that you’re lazy to not even try to reproduce what’s happening.
the issue is random at best, hence why a direct reproduction is not possible.
a ‘ghost’ car is when the sync goes off inbetween cars, and a car without npc just comes driving past you and/or others - most commonly happening in an area of a larger group of players

And where are you implying this from? We tried. It doesn’t occur at all with low player counts, and even at higher player counts if the best you can offer is it only occurs “randomly” that is literally the definition of unreproducible: we don’t even have 30 people to test, can’t easily summon such an amount and if we can that still doesn’t help capturing the issue as it occurs.

This isn’t failing in any of the code we wrote, it’s something to do with game code that is likely completely unexplored, going at the entire game executable blindly makes absolutely no sense.

That, and there’s likely a way to accelerate this happening even with 2-3 players; except since nobody even bothered finding such a way (and you all having experienced this issue means you probably know the exact circumstances under which it happens and can definitely toy around to induce it intentionally) of course we haven’t got one yet. See last population issue that was fixed: someone provided us with a set of player positions, camera angles and in-game time and a script to run on 2 clients that led to a near 100% repro, and therefore the issue was fixed nearly instantly.

We have better things to do than going on a wild goose chase hunting down an issue that likely won’t even be found by said wild goose chase.

It’s an issue that has been around since OneSync was released, so it is within FiveM code.

As I mentioned, it is something that at best happens on random occurrences, it can happen without any external scripts - it’s ruining RP, because an AI car can come driving past you without having any kind of driver or anything inside of it.

The best I can give you, is to put 30 people around some random spot, and wait for the cars to come driving past you without NPCs inside

1 Like

And how are you so sure of that? The former clause in the sentence still doesn’t lead to your conclusion at the end of the sentence. Ever since OneSync existed, GTA V code has also existed, so it can be in there as well.

Is it even possible to “RP” without being picky about minor issues?

Right, and where would we get 30 players to place themselves in a coordinated way? We don’t even have 5 people to do so, let alone 30.

It isnt that random honestly, The cars that ghost happen in the same area/coords every time. (Can provide some locations if it helps)

So far my theory is they lose there AI track paths and then become floating objects/instaned as onesync doesn’t know how to handle that vehicle or yet onesync doesn’t even know it exists. Ofcourse the more players that are on they become more of a problem, The way I have tried to limit this is ofcourse lower the cars that spawn in the world which leads to less ‘ghost’ vehicles but the issue is still there but on a much smaller scale.

If you have a way I can further find more information in regards to this @nta then please do let me know, I dont mind spending some time trying to figure out how, when these ‘ghost’ vehicles occur as right now all i have is theories that im sure you allready have thought of.

today a /bring a invisible player to me, that vehicles start’s to despawn, but its hard, becouse cant find a way to replicate that, seems be random, other times, player are visible, but all cars that player spawn remains invisible to everyone, the player must restart than works fine.

1 Like

Completely unrelated issue.

Now this topic is about three distinct issues? Please stop hijacking topics if you’re not 100% sure it’s the exact same issue with the exact same cause.

should stop firing 30 developers a minute then.

it’s obviously a fivem issue, when the issue doesnt occur on any other service

do you add onesync_distanceCullVehicles to your config. ?

1 Like

I made a client-side script to solve this problem
automatically checking the people and cars within a radius every second, etc
and automatically disappearing after more than 250 distances
It works well with onesync_distanceCullVehicles and onesync_forceMigration

and the problem of not seeing other players or cars no longer occurs. But the disadvantage is that you cannot enable NPC traffic vehicles.

But there are still some small bugs, hope to be released soon.

2 Likes

It would be nice if you can share that script

Can you shared ?

It got fixed by adding this in config.

set onesync_workaround763185 true

set onesync_forceMigration true

No ghost cars / NPC that were basically statues.

This can kick some people :slight_smile:

I have the problem if I activate onesync and then get into other people’s cars, the other players cannot see how the car is moving, and they cannot get in afterwards. what can that be? if i disable onesync it works

did you set the
set onesync_workaround763185 true

?
did you use any other onesync commands ?

2 Likes

set onesync_workaround763185 “true”

set onesync_distanceCullVehicles

set onesync_forceMigration “true”

onesync_forceMigration “true”

onesync_enabled 1

only

Update your server artifacts and the problem will be fixed @therealnoskill
https://runtime.fivem.net/artifacts/fivem/build_server_windows/master/

This does not appear to be fixed, even on 2802 blimps still falling from sky.
Only way I was able to resolve was

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
	while true do
	    Citizen.Wait(0)
		SetVehicleModelIsSuppressed(GetHashKey("rubble"), true)
        SetVehicleModelIsSuppressed(GetHashKey("taco"), true)
        SetVehicleModelIsSuppressed(GetHashKey("biff"), true)
		SetVehicleModelIsSuppressed(GetHashKey("blimp"), true)
		SetVehicleModelIsSuppressed(GetHashKey("blimp2"), true)
		SetVehicleModelIsSuppressed(GetHashKey("frogger"), true)
		SetVehicleModelIsSuppressed(GetHashKey("frogger2"), true)
	end
end)