GTA V version? its the latest one
Up to date? yes
Legit or Pirate copy? legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? steam
Windows version? yes
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? yes
Error screenshot (if any) none
System specifications
What did you do to get this issue? i was logging on as normal and they when trying to record any of my games like normal it just went black screen on OBS and all other games do the same thing
What server did you get this issue on? any of them

Also add what you already tried so far.
I have uninstalled OBS and FIve M My OBS is working perfectly the staff at OBS has helped me and they had told me to reach out to the FIve M devs many people that were on the OBS support help have been having the same problem and they all point to the Five M update as the issue so im reaching out to try to get some help on this side.

3 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

well, we didn’t change anything at all related to this, so tell the author of ‘OBS’ to put more effort into figuring out why their hooks don’t work

They are asking if any kind of Anti cheat program was updated?

1 Like

nope, there’s some new usage of d3d11 apis (devicecontext1 and such) and workarounds to fix broken gameplay with reshade/enbseries however, but if the hooks done by OBS support all microsoft apis it still should work fine

1 Like

Yeah I’m having the same issue, I can’t capture Fivem window… OBS works normally with any other game, but Fivem is the only one giving black screen.

5 Likes

alright, im not the only one having this problem!

2 Likes

I’m also having this problem, haven’t been to fix it.

I have the same issue and i can´t find the solution :confused:

1 Like

having the same issue!!

1 Like

i Found the solution, u need go to the GTA V config and put : borderless window then go to OBS and select “capture window”. And thats it!

2 Likes

I was having the same issue, other games would capture however not FiveM, after much troubleshooting I found for ME that it was Directx10.1 was enabled in game, as soon as I changed it to Directx11, it started capturing and all was fine. Hope this helps some of you!!!

Me too.

Can someone help me solve the black screen that appears on OBS when I broadcast the Fivem? Thank you. Since yesterday, May 24th, 2020.

Where does that come from Direct x on the Fivem?Can you explain better how you made the normal screen appear on OBS the Fivem? Thank you.

Sure, the DirectX options are in your graphics settings for GTAV. However once you load into a server on FiveM you can access the standard GTAV settings menu by pressing ESC or pause on the controller, navigate to “settings” then to “Graphics” (could possibly be in the “Advanced Graphics” settings can’t remember at the moment) and inside will be the option to change from Directx 10.1 to 11. Should be near the top of the options list on the right. If this doesn’t solve your issue, maybe try making a new scene and source. Hope this helps :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your attention and availability to me. I was able to solve the problem with your help. I went to FiveM, and then I went to the “Story” option which is the GTA V mod they just put in a few days ago, I went into it and went to the settings on the graphics to do that from Direct 10 to Direct 11. I’m saying this like this because there may be someone else who wants to know how I solved it and thanks also to your help. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Another working method if you change the screen type to windows borderless and use window capture in obs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.