Object streamer 1.0

Object Streamer

About

Due to the limitation of creating new objects in game (less 2000), I’ve created this object manager aka steamer.

Features:

• Creating unlimited amount of objects
  • Modifying stream distance
  • Modifying maximum streamed objects count
  • Diplay debug information
  • Creating objects from server-side

Installation

1. Place this object manager into resources folder.
  2. Set a dependencies { 'object-manager' } inside your separate script.
  3. Use exports['object-manager'] and methods inside your script.

Exported Methods

• createObject(model, x, y, z) // returns id as string
  • deleteObject(id)
  • getObjects() // returns objects as object

Usage example

Example on GitHub

Download

Source on GitHub

Screenshots

Link

16 Likes

Added:

• Creation already created objects after player reconnect (server-side)
  • Checking for object distance before streaming (client-side)

Hey there,
Does FiveM have a 2000 limitation on all props by default. Is this why things like our phone props can be seen client side and not server side after a period of time?

I would take you through old times when it used in SA-MP, Which there you had not just objects but pickups, checkpoints, race checkpoints, map icons, 3D text labels, and actors at user-defined server ticks. And obviously it would be good if objects will not disappear when you walk 5 meter from their position, make it a bit further.

In bottom line, I’m happy someone took off the glove to make it working.

I can say more, currently existing two other multiplayers for GTA V, where server side things you described are already implemented, but of course those multiplayers are not open-sourced. In future releases I will add more features to this streamer.

With yesterday update I’ve changed values from 5 meters to 50. Also you can change stream distance in tomatosClient.js file and set custom value.

Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

This is looking good, definitely will use, excited to see future of this resource.

Not bad, this is how i do my storage crates and many other things. except pos not as optimised(cant tell at a glance if your are checking all items in one frame). nice to see other people can think outside the box for a change.
im an optimisation freak come chat with me if you want some help.

1 Like

I would advise to add the stream distance to the table of items that way each one can be specific to its location/size.