Nürburgring Nordschleife enhancements [LODs][fixes]

I spent almost two years doing the map. Published if for free over at GTA5-Mods and I am happy with the people who enjoy it

Please I would like any changes done to it and further released either be free like the original product most of those changes use as base or stay for private use, comes out unfair.

I understand is time you spent, I spent almost two years, yet didn’t profit from them. Stupid from my part or not, the map exists, please refrain from turning what started as a free mod into a paid one over some changes.

Thank you :+1:

12 Likes

ROFL… Charging 20 bucks for a edit of a free release. This guy just keeps getting better with every post of his.

2 Likes

Hi, Vans. I’m selling here my work, not yours.

This release was reviewed by a forum moderator and nothing fraudulent was found. Have a good one.

Making a few changes a slapping a price tag on it does not make it your work, the original author still retains all rights to the work.

Regardless of any “fraudulence”, @Vans123 the original author, and the copyright holder, has asked you nicely to release the work for free, instead of outright telling you to take it down. It would be wise you comply before they pursue more action, such as a DMCA.

Edit: Or better yet, as @anon70864786 suggested here, contact Vans and provide the files you have, so the original Mod can be updated with the improvements; don’t profit off other people’s free work, legal or not, it’s scummy.

2 Likes

First Map Loader, now this…

“Requires original map”…

images

It’s almost like you’re deliberately trying to rally together an angry mob by refusing to contact the original creators and offer to work with them.

I’m not worried about the time it took you to fix or do anything. My map resources took months however I have a real life job to get my income from and I don’t do FiveM to put food on the table, nor does Vans.

If someone took Elon Musk’s rocket designs and improved on it in their own time and then sells it, not only is that scummy but they still morally shouldn’t, because their work is based on someone else’s.

This is why I put my resources on GitHub and openly accept and allow pull requests. All my socials are TayMcKenzieNZ and I’m not exactly difficult to find online, nor are the many other creators.

If people have additions or improvements for code or loading the map or whatever, they can reach out to me, which you didn’t do, and now you’ve gone ahead and done this with Vans which is really upsetting to Vans, myself and the community :pensive:

I’ve forked many resources that have been left to gather dust, for example dpemotes and online-interiors, however I follow the release rules and licenses in place (With that being said, no license doesn’t automatically mean you can slap one on yours and claim it your work), in the sense that I post my updates to the original forum posts.

Please don’t try and justify it either. It’s a scummy move, and I think you should reconsider your actions.

I kindly ask of you to please remove my name, any mention of my resources and any code that may relate to my resources, from your maploader. I do not want to be associated with you.

3 Likes

I bought this - and it wasn’t even worth the money :frowning:

The road from the harbor to the track is incomplete and has broken visuals going into the tunnel.

Refund please :rofl:

Provide a screenshot, so I can fix it.

You have screenshots and a thorough description showcasing exactly what you get. I don’t see why refund should take place for this.

Making a few changes a slapping a price tag on it does not make it your work, the original author still retains all rights to the work.

But… This is literally what majority of releases are in this community now and I don’t see any one of you going around every single one of them, complaining how people "slapping a price tag and getting financial gain out of Rockstar’s work, as their interiors would be useless without original building exterior :roll_eyes:

Regardless of any “fraudulence”, @Vans123 the original author, and the copyright holder

Is he, though? First, it doesn’t own IP to this. Second, he openly admitted he used resources from several other games.

Again, all I released are additional 3D files, custom textures and improved meta files. Exactly as forum rules require to do so.

I don’t care, if it’s scummy to you or not. I follow the rules and I profit out of my work I put into it.

I don’t share you moral view on the issue and I kindly refuse. Flag the Maploader post for mod review, if you still don’t like it.

The issue here is mate, is that you’re making money off other people’s work.

I’ve been polite with you and asked you kindly to remove any code, my name, any mention of me, and you’re being a child about it. You sir, are a piece of garbage.

You literally don’t and you’re trying to justify it lmao

2 Likes

This release was reviewed by a forum moderator and nothing fraudulent was found. Have a good one.

About who acts like a child, mate

I’m really sad to see that you do not care at all about what the creator of the mapping you’re using to make profit says.

They kindly asked for you to make your “fixes” free and you refuses it.
A moderator may have reviewed it and found nothing fraudulent as you say but this was before the post of the original creator which stated that they do not like having paid changes to their creation.

You should have reached out to him before thinking about making this paid.

If you can’t find a license on something, you should refer to the No license.

EDIT: Sorry for the respond to your message @ElusionPDX, no idea why it targeted your message :thinking:

2 Likes

I strongly suggest reading the Releases Rules and F.A.Q

Generally, one should share improved/edited resources in the original forum topic and/or by submitting a Pull Request if the release has a repository.

This may not be a ‘rule’ per se, but it’s scummy to ignore this.

Also,

Try to contact the author via their contact information found on their profile, leaving a comment/reply, or by creating an issue (if it’s a repository). After allowing the original author time to reply (~1 week) and you’ve not received a reply, you may use their content under the terms that you credit them and share your contact attempt (i.e. with a screenshot).

• Was TayMcKenzieNZ or Vans contacted?

• Was contact attempted?

• Did you give us a week?

• Do you have screenshot proof that you attempted?

You may not re-release any already existing releases from the FiveM forum, unless the original author has given you permission. Generally, one should share improved/edited resources in the original forum topic and/or by submitting a Pull Request if the release has a repository.

Not sure what forum mod is turning a blind eye to these but I know for a fact no contact or attempt was made.

1 Like

Thank for the obvious

Also,

In that case, everything you said after is not required

I added significant amount of mesh, textures, fixed many little things here and there which the original author didn’t bother doing. This is in no way “a pull request”. And in no way this is a “rerelease” as it doesn’t contain original files. I believe CFX team has the final word on this and other issues you might have with me and I’ll fully comply, if I’m gonna be said otherwise by them.

Not sure what forum mod is turning a blind eye to these but I know for a fact no contact or attempt was made.

Simply because they would go nuts from salty people. That’s why we have rules. Rules I follow and you are twisting to fit to your narrative.

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t make you right.

Alright, well, once again, I have simply asked you to remove my name, any mention of my releases etc etc, Vans has made a request, and you have ignored them both.

Just because you need money, doesn’t make you right :smiley:

1 Like

Your definition of “simple” is really entertaining (that’s why I actually still bother, if you didn’t do the math already). Same for your understanding of the word “request” - which can be denied by it’s definition.

Big revelation - everybody needs money. Even CFX will charge you for premium features simply because they need funding for their operations and keep evolving both FiveM and RedM. I simply do the same while following their official rules.

Let me dumb it down for you.

You release something to everyone for free

Someone features your work somewhere:

Blogger/journalist

• does not rerelease your work to public
  • in 99.5% of cases don’t ask for your permission to feature your work as he makes a free advertisement for you, gives you credit
    - adds no value on top of your work
  • makes direct profit via ads thanks to your work

“Content” creator/youtuber

• does not rerelease your work to public
  • in 99.5% of cases don’t ask for your permission to feature your work as he makes a free advertisement for you, gives you credit
    - adds no value on top of your work
  • makes direct profit via ads thanks to your work

Me/I

• do not rerelease someone else’s work to public
  • in 99.5% of cases don’t ask for someone else’s permission to feature their work as I make a free advertisement to them, giving them credit
  • add value beyond someone else’s work (which is literally every FiveM contributor ever the way I see it)
  • make direct profit by selling my own assets

Actually, it wasn’t properly reviewed. We unfortunately don’t have all the time in the world to go out of our way to look for proof of reports made by other users. Due to the explosion of this topic, I’m going to close it until somebody submits a proper report, I will not allow this to get further out of control.