Never ending black screen after selecting Character.

Environment questions

GTA V version: 1.0.2545.0
Up to date: Yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: 10
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? Yes
System specifications: i7, 1050GTX, 8GB Ram
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash): Not a crash
logs/CitizenFX_log files: I have them.
.dmp files/report IDs: Idk what this is

If you can’t start the game at all

GTA V folder screenshot:
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot:
Filepath to FiveM folder:
FiveM client folder screenshot:
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using?
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having?

After selecting a specific character, I am stuck on never ending black screen. I am able to load in and play my other characters though.

What are you trying to do?

Play my main character.

What have you tried already to fix the issue?

Clear Caches, re-installed FiveM.

Error screenshot (if any):

What did you do to get this issue?

I exited the game 12 hours ago inside of a house with a friend. Interestingly enough, we are both having the same exact issue. We can’t pick the characters that we saved inside of the house, but can play our other characters.

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful!

BStarRP Server

Additional comments

2 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

This is most likely a server issue. Contact the server owner.

Did you ever get a solution for this? Currently happening to me on my main.

2 Likes

Yes, it was a new city job (airlines) created by the server admin that bugged. I was hired by the job before I flew out. So during the load-up process, it couldn’t locate that job for some reason, which stalled the rest of the loading process to occur. Resulting in the black black screen.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.