[FIXED] Need help setting up server with ubuntu

I would need help with setting up a server with esx and a working database i know how to setup the server and how to install plugins and scripts on ubuntu but the database wont work

You might want to use the search button … :grinning:

https://forum.cfx.re/t/fx-server-tutorial-how-to-setup-fx-server-on-linux-from-start-to-finish

i have used and i been looking for almost 1 week now and i know how to add that stuff its just that the database is not kinda working

Sorry mate, red that too quickly.
Can you specify what is not working exactly? Any error? screenshot? SQL file you can attach?

If you have no much experience with Linux, I strongly suggest to setup the FiveM/ESX server in Windows. You will not get any major performance boost or better stability by running it on a Linux machine…

@Bike_and_game
§1 Did you check the server console for errors on start up?
§2 Did you setup a mysql service eg. xampp with eg. mysql-async?
§3 Did you set the mysql_connection_string in the server.cfg?
- and if so, did you enter the correct adress, user, password etc. in the string?

Setting the connection string in server.cfg for mysql-async:
set mysql_connection_string "server=HOST;database=DATABASE;userid=USER;password=PASSWORD"

1 yes i got errors ik that
2 yes i have setup a mysql server
3 not sure if i put the right password and user gonan try when im work

i know how to setup the server on a windows but i want to be able to have the server on 24/7 with not my pc running, and idk if the service i use got any windows machines

The client does not support the authentication protocol.
This is probably due to the NEW auth method on mysql 8.x

Try running the following command in you db:

ALTER USER 'user'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'pass';

Replace the user and pass with the same same username and password as on your mysql_string in server.cfg

1 Like

thank you so much its kinda working now just some other errors in with it but it can connect

Great bud! Glad I could help :slight_smile:
Maybe you could change the title to [FIXED] if you feel like you problem is solved, so that other people can get help from this thread.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.