Need Advice - running a pd and ems

So I’m trying to start up a rp server and it’s just me and a couple friends and in all honesty I have no idea how to run a serious police department or ems. Would there be a good place to look at how it’s done and or any advice?

My personal advice would be to just roll with it.

The departments have to be focused around your community, and not the other way around. In my opinion, the best practice is to start basic and then slowly develop it as you gain more players.
Improving the departments slowly with the community not only gives it a strong structure, but it also involves your players in the progress of your server, making them feel connected to the community and the server itself.

Don’t be afraid to ask your community for their opinions. At the end of the day, they are the ones that are playing on the server.

An important thing to keep in mind is that just because something works in one server, doesn’t mean that it will work in your server. Creating or doing something unique is usually more appreciated and exciting. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t find inspiration in others’ work.

This might not be the answer that you were looking for, but I hope it helped a tiny bit.
Good luck with your server!

1 Like