Native Audio voice stuck in portals

1. Client (production/canary) and FXServer version:
    Client; 2189 Canary
    Server: 3922
  2. What you expected to happen
    Voice position follows players
  3. What actually happens
    Voice position stuck in portals
  4. Category of bug (eg. client, server, weapons, peds, native)
    Native Audio
  5. Reproducible steps, preferably with example script(s)

Hello,

We enabled Native Audio today for a large scale test but we encountered an issue.
If two persons enters a portal at the same time the voice will be “stuck in the portal” and stop following the player.
If the player enters another portal in the interior then the voice will be good again.
This only happens with a lot of people in the zone. I cannot reproduce with 2 people (sorry) but can reproduce 100% of the time with lot of players.

You can see in the video as soon as the player enters the second portal the voice is good again.$

Thank you

212 Likes

I work on two servers with NativeAudio enabled - no such issue here.

17 Likes

Are you also on 2189? any idea what could be the issue then? Because I don’t see how a bad script could produce such issue but I might be wrong :thinking:

I have seen similar reports with another voice resource

26 Likes

Oh yeah, sorry - I totally missed the 2189 part. If I recall (Bubble can and probably will correct me here) 2189 is not really meant for NativeAudio (yet?) - as in, I think it’s known that there’s some stuff that doesn’t work.

I assume the environment interior hooks needs to be found/changed for 2189 or so, then again, not entirely sure… So take it with a grain of salt and wait for Bubbles’ word :slight_smile:

Edit: Both servers are on 2060.

12 Likes

The last issue was fixed, but this one seems even more annoying to fix as no consistent series of repro steps were found, so even simulating a lot of players wouldn’t do much in that regard.

Unlike the last one, as well, this one makes even less sense to be caused by any notable struct difference.

15 Likes

Closing this topic as it seems to have attracted weird spam in some foreign language.

@manzarek @nikez if you find any reproduction steps, you’re welcome to post a new topic.

Seemingly you meant ‘interiors’ when saying ‘portals’ and not some sort of teleportation script, so that then of course relates to fwInteriorLocation changes - naAudioEntity being stuck outside or the opposite - and not some sort of ‘stuck coords’.

Therefore, fixed. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes