Names player in rpchat

Hello. I am creating my first fivem server for roleplay and I have downloaded this chat but in the commands like /me and /do I only get the ID and I would like the character’s name to come out as well, as in the photo. Does anyone know how I could do it?

I think the command line is this, but I’m not sure.

-- ME

RegisterNetEvent('qb_rpchat:sendMe', function(playerId, title, message, color)
	local source = PlayerId()
	local target = GetPlayerFromServerId(playerId)

if target ~= -1 then
	local sourcePed, targetPed = PlayerPedId(), GetPlayerPed(target)
	local sourceCoords, targetCoords = GetEntityCoords(sourcePed), GetEntityCoords(targetPed)

if targetPed == source or #(sourceCoords - targetCoords) < 20 then
		TriggerEvent('chat:addMessage', {template =
		'<div style="font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: 4px;width:fit-content;padding: 2px 8px 5px 8px;margin-right: 0.40vw;background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7);border-radius: 8px;border: rgba(40, 161, 25, 1) 2px solid;color: rgb(40, 161, 25);"> {0}: <span style="color:white;font-weight">'.. message ..'</span></div>',
			args = { "[ME] - " .. playerId .. "", message }
    })
	end
  end
end)

Thx!!

Assuming that you downloaded the mentioned script and are using the same one. Inquiring into the code itself, the author offers a function that allows access to the name of the character, the modified code would look something like this:

RegisterNetEvent('qb_rpchat:sendMe', function(playerId, title, message, color)
	local source = PlayerId()
	local target = GetPlayerFromServerId(playerId)

if target ~= -1 then
		local sourcePed, targetPed = PlayerPedId(), GetPlayerPed(target)
		local sourceCoords, targetCoords = GetEntityCoords(sourcePed), GetEntityCoords(targetPed)
		local characterName = GetPlayerName2(playerId)

if targetPed == source or #(sourceCoords - targetCoords) < 20 then
			TriggerEvent('chat:addMessage', {template =
			'<div style="font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: 4px;width:fit-content;padding: 2px 8px 5px 8px;margin-right: 0.40vw;background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7);border-radius: 8px;border: rgba(40, 161, 25, 1) 2px solid;color: rgb(40, 161, 25);"> {0}: <span style="color:white;font-weight">'.. message ..'</span></div>',
				args = { "[ME] - " .. playerId .. " - " .. characterName .. " ", message }
		})
	end
  end
end)

Hi friend.

I have tried to put the command as you indicated, but when I write /me nothing is sent and this error appears in f8

thx for your help

Are you using the same script mentioned?
If so, where are you putting that event?

Check this function:
r4-rpchat/sv_functions.lua at main · GitHub

yes, I’m using that one. I am putting it in the client/main.lua :melting_face:

I have tried to install it from 0, without any modification and replacing the original /me with the one you told me and the same error continues. Maybe I’m doing something wrong since I’m new to all this.

up up

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.