My mod release page doesn't get bumped anymore after new comments

Hello moderators and everyone else

My PocceMod page doesn’t get bumped anymore after new comments and doesn’t appear at the top of releases page, but it wasn’t always the case.
I’ve flagged my page for moderation a few weeks ago describing this problem, but I never got any response. I don’t know any other way to reach moderators, that’s why I’m writing this ticket.
If this is some kind of punishment, I don’t know why I deserved it, because all my updates were either responses to questions or new releases. I feel like I can’t reach my audience now.
Please look into the problem and try to fix it for me. Thank you in advance!

There is a new sorting method for releases. You can have your own sorting method on the top right https://i.d0p3t.nl/u/gbXP5sx7j9.png

1 Like

Oh I didn’t notice that, thanks! Filtering by activity shows my page.
But why doesn’t it do it by default? When I open the releases page without any filtering (both logged in or in incognito mode) it shows mods at the top with recent comments, except my page. I manually checked all top mods and they are ordered by recent comments and certainly not by views or overall comment count.

Edit:
My page used to be repeatedly flagged by someone and got hidden, but fortunately a moderator restored it. Might be irrelevant, but I think the bumping problem started at that point.

There is no way we can block specific topics from being bumped to the top, and it also isn’t the case by default that things are sorted by activity. Literally, everyone seems to see this change (which multiple community members asked for!) as a conspiracy to ‘hide popular mods’ by blacklisting them - why?

I just did a bump test by commenting on my page and it appeared on releases page as an update. But when I refreshed the page, it disappeared. I even tried opening the page using VPN and a different browser + private mode so I should see the releases page as a random user, and it’s not there. (using this url and not this)
If you don’t believe me, then do a bump test too and then refresh the releases page. I asked friends too to see if my mod is visible for them, and it’s not. Instead of denying, try to reproduce the problem and figure out what causes it.
I’m also pretty sure I’m not the only mod owner having this problem, because I’ve seen other mod updates on the page too, but after a refresh they were all gone.

That’s a Discourse bug, I guess, rather - it seems live updates don’t take sort order into account. Report it on https://meta.discourse.org and say that the affected section is sorted by creation date.

Topics not being sorted by last post isn’t a problem. If you started out without being offensive and mentioned what you did now right away (that sometimes topics sort by activity even if the sort order is set to first post) maybe you’d have gotten a different answer.

Since this post, we only changed this setting:

No specific censoring of resources, no discrimination, no anything - and yet people somehow assume the worst, without any evidence as to why we would do so. Do people have such a negative opinion of the project?

1 Like

You are the first person here who actually told me about how the ordering of the front page works by default. I have no access to that information and there was no way for me to know.
There is also no way my first post was offensive. I might have got a little angry after the repeated denial, but I still would like to ask you to point out what did I say that was offensive.
I’m also pretty sure the front page ordering was based on activity for the first 2-3 months while I was actively working on my mod (July - August - September), because it got to the front page each time there was a comment. I’m also sure my first post described my problem clearly enough, so anyone could’ve told me the ordering is based on creation date now.

Edit:
Based on all the comments, people have a very positive opinion about my project. But as I mentioned above, there was a person who repeatedly flagged it without any explanation given and it got hidden once because of this. So it’s safe to assume there are people (or at least one) who doesn’t want to see my mod. That’s why the idea of filtering my mod page (as punishment) came up, but I never mentioned it again after my first post, so no idea why is this conversation still focused on it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.