[Mumble] Mumble Get Voice Channel From ServerId incorrect

Hello, want to report something that break pma-voice but seems to be related to FiveM/Mumble.

Informations :

• 1. Canary : Tested with both
  • 2. FXServer version : Linux 4973
  • 2. b) Distant mumble server : Yes - Linux 4973 - Empty server
  • 3. Category of bug : Mumble - Using pma-voice dev version
  • 3. Issue #1 :
    .a) Player 3 has been set in the channel 3 using NetworkSetVoiceChannel(3)
    .b) MumbleGetVoiceChannelFromServerId(3) does return 3
    .c) Connecting on the same mumble using the external application, show that player 3 is actually in the root channel, so “MumbleGetVoiceChannelFromServerId” said the wrong information and break pma-voice logic.
  • 4. Issue #2 : using pma-voice with 2 players connected and on the same area
    .a) Player 3 is set in the channel 3 using NetworkSetVoiceChannel(3)
    .b) Player 3 can be heard both in game and in the mumble client channel 3 (checked using an external mumble client)
    .c) Randomly (i can’t find a repro i’m so sorry), nothing triggered by script, Player 3 can’t be heard anymore either in game or on the mumble client, though he is still in the right channel.
    .d) Randomly again, after waiting a little bit, the “mumbleConnected” get called and the pma-voice do is magic to restart the logic and set again in the right channel. What’s even weireder is that “mumbleDisconnected” wasn’t called. It seems like there is a weird mumble interruption.

Thanks for reading, i’ll do my best to add more infos though it’s really hard to do because i never faced the issue myself, but some friends of mine does have it every now and then, though i can’t find a reason why they would and i wouldn’t.

Where’s the reproduction steps?

As i said in the post i’m so sorry but i’m trying everyday but can’t find any repro steps, it’s really hard, even more when i do not face the issue at all but some players have it every 2min or so.

It’s been here since a moment now, a lot of people are complaining but no one give any infos, this post is going to be use to find a solution all together.

For this one I assume that player with server ID 3 is the player you’re trying to get state from, correct?

1 Like

Yes, Exactly

Did some test again and yes the same players that does always face the issue have like an interruption where it disconnect and reconnect.
It goes through the : mumbleDisconnected and mumbleConnected event, so 100% there is something that disconnect people from the mumble.

New info :
When the player get the issue where people don’t hear him anymore, it print in his own console (when using developer 1 and canary) : UV loop: mumble/ connecting failed: operation canceled

Seems like ‘the player’ has a bad network connection that drops random open TCP streams or so? :roll_eyes:

The thing is, it happens every min for those players affected by the issue and some have really good and stable network connection with fiber. I could ask them to do something, what would be usefull ? Using wireshark or a trace i really dont know how to provide more infos.