Multi Character Selection question

I’ve searched up and down the forums and releases and a few other resources including google spam searching…

Is there any multi character selection setups available, that allow users to have different inventory/cash/bank/cars etc for ESX? I wanted to setup so players can have 3 characters (Standard with ESX I believe) but each character would be different skin/clothes/cash/inventory/cars/etc…

I’ve been looking for over a month and so far all I have found is people talking about making a log in screen for selecting characters, which would be nice also, But is there anything like this around that maybe I bypassed? I’m still new to scripting, so doing it myself is not impossible but VERY VERY difficult and would take far too long to some of the superior/intellectual individuals in this forum.

If there is one, how would I set it to allow character selection before fully spawning in, I’m assuming I’d just have to edit a few things in spawnmanager or something, but If anyone has any of this information or is willing to do this, please contact me, I’m VERY interested in this and would do nearly anything to get this setup for my server.

Closest thing I have found so far is this: https://github.com/Ascaped/Multi-Character/blob/master/mc-main/mc_database.sql and it doesn’t use ESX, nor does it change inventories/etc for each character selection. I’ve seen a few servers that have it, but no luck thus far.

Thanks in advance, even for just reading my rant!

1 Like

Is there any multi character selection setups available, that allow users to have different inventory/cash/bank/cars etc for ESX? I wanted to setup so players can have 3 characters (Standard with ESX I believe) but each character would be different skin/clothes/cash/inventory/cars/etc…

I mean I haven’t tested this, but I’d probably have two tables, one for their main character and one with the additional characters. Pull and save data depending on which one they pick. Although that sounds like it would be inefficient idk I’d have to test it.

I’ve been looking for over a month and so far all I have found is people talking about making a log in screen for selecting characters, which would be nice also, But is there anything like this around that maybe I bypassed? I’m still new to scripting, so doing it myself is not impossible but VERY VERY difficult and would take far too long to some of the superior/intellectual individuals in this forum.

There are plenty but they are all private. But [How-To] Use NUI (UI Creation with HTML) would do it sufficiently to start that log in screen. If you don’t have time to learn to make it, maybe start looking for a developer or two.

If there is one, how would I set it to allow character selection before fully spawning in, I’m assuming I’d just have to edit a few things in spawnmanager or something, but If anyone has any of this information or is willing to do this, please contact me, I’m VERY interested in this and would do nearly anything to get this setup for my server.

Don’t edit the spawnmanager make external resources because if you update with each FiveM release it undoes your work. You could call it on when they join the server or when they spawn and then it spawns based off that.

Closest thing I have found so far is this: https://github.com/Ascaped/Multi-Character/blob/master/mc-main/mc_database.sql and it doesn’t use ESX, nor does it change inventories/etc for each character selection. I’ve seen a few servers that have it, but no luck thus far.

Haven’t used that before, couldn’t tell ya.

1 Like

Thanks for the information, I’ll try to learn some of it. but I’m not sure how that would work with 3 seperate characters* since I believe it relies on their license which so far i have only seen allow 1 character, or 3 even but same skin/money/etc.

Well depending on what framework you’re using or if you’re doing it on your own framework. But if I understand what you’re saying. You could store additional characters information like their last position, money, skin, etc in there. Each time you click a button like “Play Character name here” it copies that characters information from the main table and adds it to the additional characters table & then replaces it with the chosen character in your main table? I guess I’m confused on what you mean by license. Is this on a framework like ESX?

Yes sir, This is an ESX framework server I’m building. I’ve made a couple basic scripts but they are not really framework based, they’re generic commands and such lol…

Right. I hear a lot of complaints about ESX being difficult to work with and I personally stopped using it because it was overall confusing. I don’t know that I’ll be able to help you in terms of ESX. I know theres ESX Identity https://github.com/ESX-Org/esx_identity you could edit that and change the UI I guess. I don’t know.

Do you have any framework recommendations? I like ESX because everything for the most part is ESX, but if there is a way to make a character selection for ESX i’d prefer that, but if not, what else would you recommend? I’ve only ever heard of vrp and esx. And thus far i prefer ESX.

I know there are some floating around out there but most are private. I would make your own, maybe pair it with Essentialmode like ESX is and go from there. That’s more manageable. I learned how to use lua maybe a month ago, and I’m working on my own framework. Currently figuring out NUI’s for an MDT system & Log in system as you are looking for. Perhaps you could do the same thing, uh it is time consuming but I find it rewarding because I don’t owe credit to anyone unless I use a part of their code for reference. If you are to make your own, you’ll have to learn how to use NUI.

Pesky NUI progress

Unfortunately I don’t think I have enough time to do that, and for now I would prefer to stick with ESX until I do have the time and knowledge to create my own. My biggest thing right now is just the character selection system that will change inventories and character information from one character to another so that people can use more than one

Yeah with ESX I don’t know that I’ll be able to help you. Definitely look for a good developer to assist you.

I don’t even know where to start as far as looking for a developer, and secondly I can’t afford to pay people to do it

You’re not allowed to do that anyway.

You would do this on the #server-development:server-bazaar but it is very unlikely that you will find one. As an owner of a server, you are usually responsible for the code and should write it yourself. Owning a server isn’t just about slapping together a framework like ESX and then expecting everything to work like you want it to.

You can start off by learning how to program Lua (or C# but that will take more time). Look at existing scripts and try and figure out what’s going on.

I’ve been writing my own code also, not much because I’m still in the midst of learning it all, but I have created a few personal scripts. BUT When it comes to something with this much work and attention to detail in LUA and SQL, I’m not completely sure how I would write something of that sort.

Basically the main issue with ESX is it relies on their steamID so what you are going to need to do is make it work with their Character ID so in your table a easy way to fix this issue would be adding a table “CID” then that can be a int and have it set to each character in the database so that when they create a new character it adds another user based off the “CID” and have the same steam ID in the database when a new user is created (When a new person with a different steam ID joins) then it will create a new user Im sure you can change that and have it set to a “CID” << for this case CID = Character ID, and specified their character ID and their steam ID and if both match then it would load their character in but again you cant do this without a login “Select character” screen cause you are going to need to specify what “CID” and what “Steam ID” are going to be loaded in when they spawn, so you can have it pull from CID and Steam ID and if both match for example You can do “CID 1 - 4” and have them select 4 different characters and if they select “Character 1” it will load CID 1 matching their steam id

Now this is just a theory but Im sure this is a way to make it work Im not 100% on it but I mean if you can find the way ESX Identity pulls that information and you can modify it to work with your own then you are golden, but please keep in mind for the sake of everyone else using ESX if you do fix this or find a way to do this PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF GOD RELEASE THE DANG THING SO PEOPLE CAN STOP ASKING FOR IT! even if it is just for 1 character at the moment omg.

1 Like

Wouldn’t there be a way to link it to “Characters” database table instead of steam id? I’m not sure because I’m not that advanced in this coding… and the ESX guys are failing in keeping up with anything.

From my understanding, they shut down the Discord, and are halting all updates to the system…

Yea I noticed that I wasn’t in the discord anymore did they close it? Anyways to keep on topic, the best approach would be the thing I just stated I mean Others I have asked did it that way atleast they told me…

They did close it Schwim made a new one that I’m helping with, I added channels and roles etc…
And others you have asked are knowledgeable in this kind of thing. I’m not so much, I can modify/edit/create BASIC scripts, but something like this is far too complex for my pee brain lol.

Here’s a link if you want to join, we’re always looking to help and get help from others.

1 Like

False, they are still updating ESX, as of a day ago.
The official ESX discord is invite only due to reasons they will not discuss.

So they had removed everyone who was in it and made it invite only, Seems understandable, I mean its great that the community has another way for those to help eachother out ect… with the scripts and such considering alot of people went there to show off their scripts share code ect…

1 Like

But yeah. So I was thinking about this last night, the way esx is set up…it’s gonna take a lot to change it. Characters are chained to steamID AND license.