Mipmap reduction

I made a model of jeans and I had the same problem (1 screenshot), but if you add jeans as a T-shirt or an accessory, the quality of the texture does not fall (2 screenshot). Why does this only apply to pants? Will Texel Density solve the problem?
Sorry for my english, I hope I explained my problem clearly

unknown (3)
unknown (4)

This happens for components that are dependent on skin tone, because GTA’s code to apply skin tone to these components has a fixed texture size.

strange… Why does everything look right on my local server then? Only I use the lambda menu to select the mp_female of the character, there is no functionality for changing skin color … Maybe because of this everything looks good.
on my friend’s server looks like this (blur) he has the ability to choose skin color

Not setting any head blend data will use a different flow for assigning ped components, which doesn’t do any such copying.

Thanks a lot for your help! Last question: do you know what the fixed texture size is? 512x512? Try to make stitches more visible on size 512x512 :thinking: Or maybe a good Texel Density will help.

Not sure - 512x512 might make sense. It’s probably easy to test empirically with a few testing textures.

By the way, if the LOWR model does not have any visible skin that needs skin tone applied, it might also be doable to just set it to be skin-independent in the clothing metadata so that it uses _u instead of _r.

Can you be more specific about what you mean? what about the _r prefix?
in this case there will be no geometry of the legs, the visible part. This place will be… empty space

I’m not entirely certain, but the .#mt files for clothing have a flag that sets a drawable to use _r or _u, and _u probably won’t be copied to a lower-resolution texture.

Of course, this only makes sense for items that don’t need to have skin tone behavior.

yeah, only I wanted to make a model with a visible part of the legs to put on more sandals, for example.
Thanks a lot anyway! :slight_smile:
I’ll run some tests with textures and post the results here, pointing out a possible solution.

It has been reported/suggested by me already, so maybe it could be fixed/changed in FiveM - Disable "_r" drawables texture compression

Unfortunately I don’t think there is any viable “solution” than using _u instead of _r.
I’ve been testing this long time ago and don’t remember much, but I think any texture size with skin tone will have slightly worse texture.