Mic is cutting off only in FiveM. Working fine with other apps or games

IF YOU DO NOT FILL THIS OUT, YOUR TOPIC WILL BE UNLISTED AND CLOSED

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

Environment questions

GTA V version:
Up to date: Yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: 10
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? Yes
System specifications:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600 CL18 4x8gb
Headset: Razer BlackShark V2

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having? Mic is cutting off only on FiveM, mic is working well with other apps / games.

What are you trying to do?

What have you tried already to fix the issue?

1. Re-installed FiveM
  2. Re-installed and updated audio drivers.
  3. Disabled Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device
  4. Reformatted my whole pc lol. Only installed apps/games are Steam, GTAV, FiveM, Discord, Google Chrome, Razer Synapse 3, Nvidia Experience.

Error screenshot (if any):

What did you do to get this issue?

1. It suddenly happened after I installed an air cooler for my cpu. not sure if that’s the reason because my mic works fine with other apps or games.

2. I think Nvidia Drivers updated as well.

What server did you get this issue on? Liberty City PH

Additional comments

My internet speed is good and my ping on the server / city is stable around 50-60 ping.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

please try this:

To test your FiveM client or see if an issue is related to a server , you can try to connect to connect "https://fivem.net/" or join via FiveM.net testing server / Cfx.re, which is a clean testing server with only basic resources and vMenu.

1 Like

I’ll try this out with a friend later and i’ll post an update on whatever happens.

:+1: post it here

1 Like

My mic worked fine on that fivem.net server. Seems like a server mic issue for me. Anyway to fix that on my own?

1 Like

no the server has to fix it maybe their hardware is too slow?

1 Like

I’m not sure because i’m the only one experiencing it on that server. :frowning:

hmm weird

Yeah it’s weird. I tried to file a ticket with the server devs / owners and see if they can do something. Thanks btw!

Still open for any fix suggestions btw

2 Likes

I am having this same issue, on any server my mic is cutting out but on discord and other games its fine. Any fix?

1 Like

Hi, have you found a fix for this yet?

I havent yet unfortunately… its really annoying and makes me not even want to play.

Same here I’ve tried everything I can think of(even resetting my pc). I’m just thinking to deal with it. plus it only happened less than a week ago.

Any solution about this?

Once anyone finds a cause that’s reproducible, maybe this can get solved.

I’m having the same issue. I’m beginning to think it’s packet losses on the way to the actual server we’re connecting to. I didn’t think that was a thing 2021 but when I do speedtests from EU and it turns out that to some areas in NA there’s huge packet losses. Mainly Texas and California.

It suddenly got fix for me somehow on the server i am playing. I think it depends on what server we are playing and our connection to that server. Or maybe it’s related to Discord or something because my server is making me connected to my discord to login and during the time i’m having trouble with my mic is the same time i’m having trouble with my discord. Go connect to connect “https://fivem.net/” with a friend and see if your mic is working fine there, if yes then it’s server related issue as well and maybe try contacting your admin if he can do something about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.