Menu UI rendering problem

Yeah, then…

I am having this same problem on my Laptop (using it for testing purposes)

Some basic Specs:

Intel Core i5-3210M [2.50 GHz]
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD7600M & Intel® HD Graphics 4000

–> Was working for sure some updates earlier!

Depending on where I would have to send it and if or if not I would get it back, I could help you with that.

Ah, that might’ve been an unrelated fluke - it would’ve been the case AMD+AMD always was broken, and Intel+AMD may have worked in the past. Either way it could be none of the core developers can easily resolve this issue as we’re currently using third-party CEF builds that are a bit more complex… so buying hardware for this reason might be a bit silly.

Perhaps try to see if you get the same issue building the cef-mixer sample, and report it there? It could be they’re a bit more capable at getting reproduction steps there.

1 Like

Can you do the procedures via teamviewer on a machine with the defect? I am willing to give in if necessary.

So, I tried something real quick…

When I disable the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 Unit, the menu renders without problems.

I will see if I have any old nVidia card with that specific driver and try some stuff with that.

Edit:

Will try that too

In fact, we just built a blank cefmixer to see if the issue still occurs here.

It should look like:

:arrow_down: cefmixer.7z

1 Like

I ended up downloading and running and gave it: http://prntscr.com/j59w4d

Clearly a bug in CEF then…

Probably should report it around https://github.com/daktronics/cef-mixer/issues then :open_mouth:

shit ill even donate an old card for testing if it means ebing able to help out with debugging this issue

i downloaded this and i jsut have a blue screen, is there anything in the debug text file that could help ??

Progress seems to be tracked further upstream. As a note, the laptop multi-GPU issue is probably different from the old GPU issue.

So, it seems like this line could fix the problem.

command_line->AppendSwitchWithValue("use-angle", "d3d11");

Edit: Pull Request created, just has to be merged :slight_smile:
Edit 2: Not as easy as I thought it is, CEF has to be fixed for it to work, not possible to fix this in FiveM…

2 Likes

Any news on that?

if you using a integraded gpu, if you pc supports a dedicated gpu and you dont have one, get somekinda dedicated gpu (i now got a guatro 600) and it should work

The issue seems to be fixed for majority of the cards affected by this problem, there is a chance that it might still not work properly for AMD cards, reason for that I do not actually know exactly.

As seen here

Update should have gone live around the time of this commit.

If you are still having issues with it not rendering properly, post your log and specs here in this topic.

2 Likes

Thanks, but I bought a new video card on update day = (

1 Like

didn’t work for me :frowning:

AMD HD 8850M + Intel HD Graphics 4000

Try running FiveM through the Command Prompt with this additional command: --skip-gpu-data-loading

that didn’t work either.

I think the problem is still something to do with the cefmixer, yesterday i built the cef-mixer and it gave me that bluescreen reported by Raywa some posts earlier.