Maximum amount of slots

Hi,

I would like to know few things.
Is the maximum amount of slots set by you, or is it set by Rockstar ?
Is it set because of the *Server hosting GTA V being not able to handle more players, or is it because of *Clients(players) PC not having enough ressources ?

If it’s about the server, it’s easy to buy high-end ones that have enough ressources.
If it’s about players, Administrators can tell their users the recommended PC specs.

I just don’t understand, I may be wrong or something, I just want to understand…
Thank you in advance

3 Likes

I believe it’s just a limitation that is being worked on…@boss might no otherwise?

Its the game code itself that is limiting the number of players able to connect. The developers have been attempting to raise this player limit. In order to do so, they need to rework the GTA code itself and also take into account other things like bandwidth. However, it may sound simple, but is incredibly complex. This information isn’t from my personal experience, but from reading various posts from the devs over the months.

4 Likes

We managed to go past R* limitations. Nevertheless, we are not offering unlimited slot servers for now.

2 Likes

+Boss
“Nevertheless, we are not offering unlimited slot servers for now.”
Mmh, alright. When do you think there’ll be ~100 slots servers ? In years, like 2018, 2019

Thanks!

Also, if you can tell me what’s the current maximum of slots, would be cool.(I can search, but since you’re here… :slight_smile: )

Current Maximum slots is 32

1 Like

W-w-w-what? I don’t mean to sound rude but this is a huge feature that everyone has been wanting for a long time, why is it being held back if it’s something that it working? I can understand on holding back on unlimited server slots, but how about just more than 24? Like maybe 48? 64?
I know technically it’s 32 but I’ve also been told that servers that remove the hardcap limiting to 24 get blacklisted.

1 Like

if it was easy it would have been done already, the current cap we guarantee is 24 while 32 is in testing.

3 Likes

Because once you go over 24 (or 32?), you start having issues where players are spawning in different sessions. People can’t see eachother. If server owners remove the hardcap, then players try to join and don’t understand what this is doing. Then they flood these forums with that issue that the hardcap prevents.

Yes, I know that the hardcap is actually there for a good reason and I totally understand why a server would be blacklisted for removing it.

My only issue was that a previous post made it sound like they had solved the player issue already and were just not releasing it.

+Boss
“Nevertheless, we are not offering unlimited slot servers for now.”
Mmh, alright. When do you think there’ll be ~100 slots servers ? In years, like 2018, 2019

Thanks!

““COPY/PASTE””

This is what we are doing at the moment… I just told you what was achieved so far. When it will come? I can’t tell.

And @Cosmo if we ‘hold back’ stuff then it’s not stable enough to be released or we have whatever other good reason for it. No need to go balony.

1 Like

Now it’s June and i’ve seen multiple servers on ■■■■■ Client which have 200 players n stuff.

So what is happening here?

June still isn’t ‘October to December’ as was mentioned on FiveM - the GTA V multiplayer modification you have dreamt of and the forums for the past while.

Is there a way to cap it at 24? I believe having it over 24 crashes players in my server 3-4 times a day… It goes from 32/32 to 5/32 every time.

Edit the hardcap resource

can you edit the slots now?

how is it looking with more slots? is it happening soon? just curious :upside_down_face:

1 Like

+1 on that would like to have 100 plus people on my server. Having more then one with no SQL for bans is a pain.

1 Like