Makes esx jobs work without the job center

Hey guys !

Question ! , I am running a server with ESX and I don’t like the idea of the job center… I know it comes with esx_jobs and esx_joblistings. but what I am trying to do is add jobs that are esx but just not have them in the job center. simply just on the map.

I did it with esx_hunting. I created my own blips on the map and the markers show up as well. But I tried the same with esx_cityworks that one I installed the .sql and the markers show up although when I go in the marker and press E, the skin menu shows up and can never start the job.

I tried with esx_gopostal. I added my own blips to that one as well and just didn’t install the .sql by the looks of what I can see, the .sql only adds the information and pay to the job center, which is what I don’t want The main marker for the jobs doesn’t show up, although the vehicle spawner does. When I go into it to spawn a gopostal vehicle… Skin menu comes up and can’t spawn a vehicle.

I find it a hassle for players to have to go to the job center every time. I prefer having the different jobs marked out on the map.

hopefully this makes sense to any of you!

Thanks in advance

Have you tried to remove the if statement regarding their job name?

I’m thinking you mean removing the name/title from the job center itself. Thing is the markers don’t show on the map unless you are employed as such job. If I remove it from the job center then you would be able to be that job…

I’m just curious if I can use them as more of a stand alone script

As an example.

esx_poolcleaner. I just want to bypass the job center and have the blip/interaction be on the map all the time :slight_smile:

What Kriz is saying is going to the script IE: esx_cityworks and removing the if statements that relate to the part where they need the job.

Would look something like this
if Player.job.name == "publicworks" then
Not exactly that but is similar

1 Like

Would I need to remove every instance of said line?

if PlayerData.job.name == Config.nameJob then

but there are also instances like;

if PlayerData.job ~= nil and PlayerData.job.name == Config.nameJob then
if PlayerData.job ~= nil and PlayerData.job.name == Config.nameJob and onDuty then
if IsControlJustReleased(1, Keys["F10"]) and PlayerData.job ~= nil and PlayerData.job.name == 
Config.nameJob then

I added esx_truckerjob and removed the line that was mentioned.

The blip shows up on the map and the marker is where the blip is. Although everything I do and any interaction I have, the job center menu opens.

So if I go to the trucker job at the locker and press E, job center menu opens. If I go to a tattoo shop, job center menu opens. stores “not that they work yet” , same thing.

I removed esx_joblistings from my server file to avoid having the menu open. Specific job menu still won’t open.

I will do more testing tomorrow !

Hey. How did you do it now? Or how can I do it ?

did you?

I got it working. Remove this line from two places inside the Client/main.lua
and PlayerData.job ~= nil and PlayerData.job.name == 'trucker’
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Line 171
**Before: **
if(GetDistanceBetweenCoords(coords, Config.Zones.VehicleSpawner.Pos.x, Config.Zones.VehicleSpawner.Pos.y, Config.Zones.VehicleSpawner.Pos.z, true) < 3) and PlayerData.job ~= nil and PlayerData.job.name == ‘trucker’ then

After: if(GetDistanceBetweenCoords(coords, Config.Zones.VehicleSpawner.Pos.x, Config.Zones.VehicleSpawner.Pos.y, Config.Zones.VehicleSpawner.Pos.z, true) < 3) then
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Line 231
**Before: **
if (v.Type ~= -1 and GetDistanceBetweenCoords(coords, v.Pos.x, v.Pos.y, v.Pos.z, true) < Config.DrawDistance) and PlayerData.job ~= nil and PlayerData.job.name == ‘trucker’ then

**After: **
if (v.Type ~= -1 and GetDistanceBetweenCoords(coords, v.Pos.x, v.Pos.y, v.Pos.z, true) < Config.DrawDistance) then
--------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helped!