Make the player character speak (npc quotes)

Hi !
I’m currently trying to make my character speaking with this native:

PlayPedAmbientSpeechAndCloneNative

I success to made a npc speaking with this native, but not on my character.
if someone have an idea to do that, that should be cool :slight_smile:
thanks !!

Have you tried using that on your character, but not on the mp_freemode ped? I think the gtao characters can’t speak.

oh yes i forgot about that, I will try on another character model

I changed, and it doesn’t work either :thinking:

It works on “mp_m_freemode_01” when i create one, so we know the problem comes from elsewhere now

So I did something really “tricky”, i’ve got attach a npc to the player, set him invisible, and delete him couple ms after the end of the quotes.
Frankly, we realize nothing, but it is the only solution that I have found for the moment

Thanks for the help, bro :slight_smile:

1 Like

Final result :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, yes, bodging. The best kind of development. Jokes aside, it looks surprisingly good.

Still weird that player peds can’t “speak”. Might be something hardcoded by R*? I think I’m gonna try it myself too.

Yeah, I tried several natives, and there is no way to get the played character speaking.
it’s frustrating to see that it work for the same ped model, with CreatePed() in this case, and not on the played character. Tell me if you find another way :slight_smile:

OK, this is actually impressive!

1 Like

I’ve wanted to do this. I’m glad it’s been worked out and I didn’t go through the pain of having the issue of no player speech. I set speech to keybinds In GTAIV online and it was one of the best things to do online. I’ll be playing around with this for sure

will this be released ?

i done this for IV online. feel free to take refrence from it. this was for gang speech. but im showing you nice way to have it set up to use