Luac implementation

Yes, there already was a topic about it but I don’t think that it has been taken seriously, or the use of it seems to be not clear enough.

So, basicly what is luac? Luac is basicly nothing else then the good .cs to .dll. It compiles the code in an language that you can’t read. That would mean that dumpers (dumping client files of resources) wouldn’t have a chance to use the code without decompiling it. Of course decompiling stuff is not that hard but it would help to keep about 50% of all dumpers away from your server.

why not serverside? You can’t keep everything server sided. There are some resources that doesn’t have a use of running something on the server side. Also forcing it by doing some checks or else, wouldn’t really help but make the situation more worse, since the Eventlog is already pretty fast overloaded. Sending a Server Event to the server and then back to the client means, that there are already two Events that are pushed in a short time.

why luac? It’s the only language I know with a good compilation. There might be many others too, but just right now it’s the only one I know.

why don’t you just give a f*ck? Well, I know that almost everyone who’s dumping server stuff, doesn’t have any knowledge of programming anything. Dumping stuff will not help them in learning to code, but that’s what I want them to teach. Noone should run a server without having knowledge or someone else with a good knowledge of programming in languages.
It’s the same as if you want a cake and ask a 4 year old if he can make it. He can’t because he hasn’t learned it.

With that said, I hope everyone takes this serious. There are so much more servers running with lua and not with cs. It would help everyone, with the same problems.
Anyways, have a nice day.

If you feel the same, I would love to see some votes on it! :wink:

No.

Literally, it’d be one big walking security exploit given sandbox escapes using malformed bytecode.