[Large Release] The Family RP Partial Source Code [C#]

Damn this looks realaly good

Seems like you are missing Access.net.dll in Access

YOu are a Great MAN
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

I wanna ask. How to connect it with database? I found SQL.

messaged developer of this most of this is just for development so stuff is being released when done

They use a custom mysql thingy. An old version of the MySqlConnector; where it was still reliant on the InteropRuntimeServices thingy.

So like mysql-async 2.0.2 but I only saw sync calls (was only skimming that). It is performing under stress very likely less well than my MySQL, which they could use as is; if they modify it, they would have to publish it (AGPL :smiley: ), so they very likely can’t.

But they got instantaneous response times for that instead of having to wait a server tick for response.

SQL queries are queued in a blocking collection and run in a separate thread, which avoids any performance impact and hitching on the main GTA thread. This is not included in this release (written by another dev.)

Which is the same solution I found one and a half month ago (+ gone multithreading). If you got it earlier, you really should have shared something like that, as that is pretty much crucial to many other projects.

As mysql-async dies under heavy load as the sync calls start block the async calls. Resulting in quite a lot of timeouts for a lot of people.

This pretty much confirms my prejudices against your dev group, unless you found it after me. Which would raise my suspicions.

1 Like

It’s not up to me to release their stuff. I’ve always wanted to share as much as possible after server release. You’re venting at the wrong guy.

I am impressed by your wrapper, though. I can say that our implementation is stupidly short/simple compared to yours but does the job very well.

We don’t have to deal with triggers/C#-Lua interactions either though, since it is 100% C#.

1 Like

I am not venting. I’m just stating that this is the conduct which I do not like.

Also I saw that edit :stuck_out_tongue: I know it is simple. Finding out the issue took quite a while from the symptoms; which is the important step, which took long (it took me 2 days); reaching a solution once the issue is know is but a simple step; then again there are easily far more solutions than using a blockingcollection. Which is accidently the same.

Guess about which part I would be more angry (if at all). It is actually the not sharing if known. It could have saved me like 2 days.

I got the same thing as a C# Library branched out. I need to setup proper build stuff (to not branch it) but, then again it is just small.

edit: Also ripping through the MySqlConnector is not fun.

@ImportantHippo If you could estimate, you think you got a release date until it’s to a point where it’s playable with jobs with working police?

It’s not my conduct though. I hope you appreciate the release, anyway.

1 Like

@ImportantHippo am wondering does this release have the police options already and if there anything essential missing that we need to know?

Yes, as I said in my first post. I appreciate the gesture of the release for the entire community. Hopefully it helps others taking further steps forward in refining their servers.

1 Like

I appreciate as I do for most especially this one, but when you say that do you mean your not planning on releasing the resource it self not the source?

This is huge for the commnunity. Thank you !

1 Like

Quick question, Anyone know how (ON what software) can I open these .dll files? @ImportantHippo

Hey man could you release a .proj file and/or include the references needed to get this to work?

does the weather sync include raining and other raining effects