Issue with peds spawning in player cars

I’ll ignore your sarcastic remark and put it down to you being jaded. No, I haven’t been able to reproduce it, however that does not mean it cannot, or should not, be fixed. It means that with enough data, which I stated I am willing and open to provide where possible, I would hope we could identify a reliable method to reproduce the issue.

Given that the only common thing I can find across all servers experiencing the issue is that it seems to only happen when player counter is greater than 10, I am attempting to get more than 10 players into the dev server in an attempt to reproduce the issue.

We are currently using onesync legacy. However, I have proposed we test the new “onesync on”

Right. However since I have literally no idea what can even cause this at all, since population spawning has no relation to any code written for the project whatsoever and is likely a coincidental interaction with some other logic that is being used, without any actual repro/small-scale logs this can’t be fixed.

Log sizes and correlation for ‘more than 10 players’ are extremely nasty to look at, even 3 players’ logs + a server log are already a stretch for a real-time distributed system, so without a repro case that involves 3 players or less being found this issue is simply not getting fixed, since there’s no way to get data from that many connections, even if I were able to get that many players at exactly the right positions on demand, it’s impossible to look at that many giant distinct verbose logs.

There’s probably something script-related that can be done to induce the exact same scenario, but that first requires finding out what exactly happens at all (e.g. object ID reuse? incorrect order for migration? peds not being removed correctly and having an invalid current-vehicle index?)

How about legacy + onesync_forceMigration enabled?

I have also suggested we toggle forceMigration after the issue occurs to see if that enables us to at the very least, kill the ped or drag them out of the vehicle

After disabling all npcs for some reason they still spawn, usually in a plane or helicopter. I have a script that fully disables them not sure if this is an issue with the artifacts or not

Can anyone confirm an older artifact that dosent have this npc spawning in owned veh issue? Using 2430 and having the issue

As a bit of testing that I noticed with the peds.
/dv doesn’t work for the vehicle if in driver seat
/dv from the passenger seat, it will make the ped driver get out, only for the person that did the /dv, that person can get in the vehicle and then anyone can drive it. (says client side issue to me)

After you get the vehicle back from a ped, it won’t disappear. But if you use vMenu, you can use the vehicle spawner to “replace vehicle” and it will remove the affected vehicle, and allow you to delete the new one.

Edit: My thought is that the vehicle spawner for peds is overlapping vehicles, so when you DV one of them, it leaves the original vehicle. Might have to do how the client is identifying the difference between entities that are local.

Ok im having this issue aswell like today this has happened even getting peds spawn on the roads like 5 to 6 sometimes more which makes traffic stop. U can’t beat them up only way to kill them is a gun bullet to there head but it still makes more ai peds spawn on the road and stand there not sure if anyone else has had this issue but I am

Can confirm that i have noticed the last week that many peds will be stood in the road stopping traffic.

Instead of “confirming”, how about a repro, sharing the configuration options used, enabling forceMigration or sending any info at all?

Hey there,

after some heavy testing with around 25 players i have found out that the best settings that do not cause this bugs are the following:

Server Artifacts: 2882 (Be sure to have a clean install with those artifacts.)
OneSync Enabled: Yes, (I have used both OneSync Legacy and OneSync Infinity. Currently i am using OneSync Legacy for the past 3 days without issues.)

Extra Commands: + onesync_forceMigration

As for PED Multipliers i have the following: https://pastebin.com/8x8wFKKS (You do need this kind of ped multiplier or peds will end up being crazy.)

Some small notes:

1. I have completely blacklisted a bunge of vehicles that do spawn sometimes in the air and crash down. I do recommend everyone to use a blacklist type of resource to prevent any silly vehicles from spawning.

2. The only bugs you may see are small horde of peds sitting in some random parking lots (I think it is a place that spawn them and they get stuck there). This NPC’s do not move or do anything until you shoot a bullet to scare them away, so in that case you can just use a command like /cleararea . I can add it below if anyone needs it.

I will be doing more testing in the meantime as we are going to have more people in our server.

1 Like

Able to provide a repro for things occurring though? Workarounds like these might be helpful but really what’d fix stuff would be an actual honest-to-god set of repro steps.

Instead of the community providing a ‘repro’ how about FiveM fix the Artifact issue that has obviously been broken. Simple, fix the Peds, the levitating then dropping cars and other ped related issues. It is not hard, you certainly get paid to do so.

How about that’s ‘obviously’ why we’re asking for repros and ‘obviously’ why the newer release isn’t marked as recommended yet?

If it’s that ‘simple’, why haven’t you already done so?

Okay, since you know exactly what’s going on, what causes it, and what would fix it, why haven’t you made a PR yet fixing it?

No we don’t? And since you’re saying it’s not hard and is even simple, go make a PR and you’ll get money for it yourself!

Since you clearly are just talking out of your ass however, maybe it’s not that simple especially if one can’t even cause/reproduce the problem… as we have been saying in every single fucking topic where people report this kind of issue and nobody seems to be providing any steps to cause it at all, and again as said every single time we are literally unable to even cause or experience this issue at all.

Again, as said, we are not able to reproduce this issue at all, no matter how much we try, so someone who has these issues should provide steps to reproduce it based on observations from their server.

1 Like

So I’ve been reading through this thread as it’s something that is happening on our server as well. The thing you keep saying is to provide steps to reproduce the issue.

As was mentioned in other posts this is completely random and there is no set way to reproduce the issue constantly. There are times I can go an entire time on my server and not have this issue pop up, and then the next day I will lose 3-4 vehicles to the PEDs.

I know from a developer side it’s frustrating for you to not be able to reproduce the issue on your end when there are many who are having this issue, as someone who does testing for a living I wish I knew how I could reproduce the issue for you to even help in the slightest.

Perhaps this is where you give us some insight into what you are running when you test to try and see if you can reproduce the issue…cause maybe it’s a server build that’s causing it…or maybe it’s scripts someone is running that’s causing it to happen.

But to constantly say “How do you expect us to fix it if you don’t give us steps to reproduce it” is only going to make people reply with snarky comments because as many have mentioned it happens so randomly that they don’t even know it happens until it happens.

Our developer thinks it may have something to do with people around you being potentially sessioned but we can’t 100% say that’s the cause of the issue, but this is where doing a root cause analysis with everyone that has this happening might be more beneficial for everyone…

Maybe if it happens on a server see if there’s a way to determine if that player(s) were sessioned when the local spawns in…not sure if that’s something someone can do/test?

With 1s, the “session split” concept you’re likely referencing when saying “sessioned” does not exist at all, for the concept of a “session” does not exist there.

Therefore, this assumption can not be correct.

I’d reply more on examples where people have eventually found a correlation as to when things happen (“completely random” is not a thing, “no initially visible correlation” is a better translation of it), but I’m currently on a phone and somewhat short on time.

I have noticed Ped issues start occuring after around 20 players. Thats the only correlation i have unfortunately. Yeah, not great i know.

Less than 20 players, the ped and traffic density is correct, and you dont have random peds in peoples vehicles. Soon as its 20+ player count the ped/traffic density breaks and peds start acting weird.(in vehicles, stood in the road like their vehicle deleted butthe ped didnt, etc) When i say “breaks” i mean when you log in, you have traffic around you, move to a new area and everything spawns in the distance, but deletes as you get close.

Tried multiple builds, all the way up to the lastest. I use onesync_forceMigration that helps with freezing peds. Sorry i cant be much more help, but figured it was worth mentioning idk.